+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 418 of 530 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,180 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

F*ck me. **** is still free. Why are folk chugging themselves off to Hibs’ signings. I’ll give a f*ck about Hibs when they run Celtic close for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Run up the white flag..........I'm certain everyone knows full well we can't compete with the Weegie 2. I can't recall anyone saying we should spend 2.2M or 9M on A N Other. We can't compete with Hibs or Hearts, that is the fear. Hibs especially have bought well. All players who would have improved Aberdeen. Even the loan signing of Hyndman is creative. He was decent at the Hun and is a good addition. I bet he never was a thought inside Pittodrie. Anyway you wish to spin this it has been a shocker of a transfer window for Aberdeen. To say we work 2 windows ahead is ludicrous. Not to over simplify things, but financing the stadium and training ground must be impacting bringing in quality. Our manager has been positively backed since he arrived both in transfers/loans and wages. Lets see him operate a level down and now with stronger challengers. Gone by Jan/Feb.
    I agree there is more to be done this window, but that window is not closed yet.

It's yet to be seen how Hearts and Hibs fare this season.

Hibs have a very similar look to last year and we finished above them. Have they improved or have they simply maintained?
    Lennon himself says he can't replace McGinn, so arguably they are weaker in his position than last year.

Hearts have recruited in numbers again.
    Yes, they have scored a number of goals against lower league teams in the League Cup and had a good result against arguably a weak Hamilton (candidates for relegation this year I think).
    Most of their signings were inspirational as they dripped in.
    Lets see how they get on .

It may be tighter at the top, but I still anticipate we will be there. No need to pish our pants or wave the white flag just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    F*ck me. **** is still free. Why are folk chugging themselves off to Hibs’ signings. I’ll give a f*ck about Hibs when they run Celtic close for a season.
    Exactly.
    well said.

Last edited by ObanRed; 10-08-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    It's like groundhog day on this site. The same utter pysh repeated time and time again.
    Would you pump money into Aberdeen with Milne in charge if you had it? The c@nt has conned the clubs fans out of cash to pay for some of the stadium. Imagine a punter investing his/her own cash as a donation

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    If we can't afford a decent transfer fee, how are we going to pay for a 50 million (and a lot more as that estimate is way short) mortgage
    very well put

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I doubt very much if anyone is chugging themselves off as you so eloquently put it. Sevco, Hibs & Hearts all look to have had a more impressive transfer window thus far. Maybe it is merely down to the fact none of them have a white elephant to pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I agree there is more to be done this window, but that window is not closed yet.

It's yet to be seen how Hearts and Hibs fare this season.

Hibs have a very similar look to last year and we finished above them. Have they improved or have they simply maintained?
    Lennon himself says he can't replace McGinn, so arguably they are weaker in his position than last year.

Hearts have recruited in numbers again.
    Yes, they have scored a number of goals against lower league teams in the League Cup and had a good result against arguably a weak Hamilton (candidates for relegation this year I think).
    Most of their signings were inspirational as they dripped in.
    Lets see how they get on .

It may be tighter at the top, but I still anticipate we will be there. No need to pish our pants or wave the white flag just yet.
    Excellent post re Hibs being weaker without mginn, of course were much stronger given that we got rid of our joint top scorers last season McLean and Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Excellent post re Hibs being weaker without mginn, of course were much stronger given that we got rid of our joint top scorers last season McLean and Rooney
    Without replacements being lined up

Well to be fair, we didn't need to replace McLean.

Page 418 of 530 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518 ... LastLast