+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 421 of 530 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,210 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Of course 3 points tomorrow would cheer me up a bit granted, but i fully expect 3 points so anything less would be pathetic. Though even though dundee lost to St Mirren they created enough good chances to win 7-2.

Also listen to DM interview on red tv he says its the free transfer market there in so looks like no transfer fees will be paid thus we would've spent much much less than last season even after being told we would have more with DNA on top.

I do like a moan if there is a whiff of an opportunity. My mate once called me Victor meldrew ��
    It’s not polite and proper for an Aberdeen fan to question anything the club does or doesn’t do. We should all just give them every spare moment and penny we have and bow at the feet of Stewart Milne when we view the great man giving his Rangers love in propaganda. Kim Jong-Un could learn a lot from our Stewartie.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    For anyone who has invested in the DNA scheme, assurances and undertakings will have been given by the Club in the small print, as this will be a legal and binding contract between the parties which will be governed by its written terms and conditions. If I had invested in the DNA scheme, and was concerned about any assurances I'd been given, I'd be inclined to look very closely at that contract to ensure that there have been no breaches and, if any are suspected, to write to the Club seeking explanations.

The transfer activity this season, thus far, with many decent players out and only a few, largely unproven, ones in has been nothing less than shocking and the Club should not take the fans to be fools!
    Let’s hope the club don’t disappoint the paying fans of the whole AberDNA thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Let’s hope the club don’t disappoint the paying fans of the whole AberDNA thing.
    Couldn’t give a monkeys about their financial investment to be honest. They were well warned

I'm as frustrated as the next Dons fan at the inactivity of late on the transfer front, but retaining faith that the club and the manager will come good - we do have until the end of the month after all, albeit I'd rather we got our business done much earlier in the summer.

We seemed prepared to pay at least £250k on a striker and that was before we got money in for Rooney. I don't think it's a stretch to say that we will have at least £500k kicking about to strengthen the squad before now and the end of the month.

In my eyes we need 2 strikers, another creative player and a defender as cover. I'd be happy enough to go with 1 new striker if it meant Anderson got more of a chance, however. The creative player I'd love to be a return of Hayes, but accept that won't happen. It's time for Scott Wright and Frank Ross to show what they're all about. The priority has to be a marquee striker who we can hang our hats on as a support. Without one we'll be 5th at best. If we re-signed Hayes we could potentially look at playing McGinn as a striker in some games. I'd be OK with that, but we'd still need a decent, if not marquee, striker to come in. The frustrating thing is we're probably not that far off being a decent outfit. I think Gleeson will prove to be a decent signing. Forrester I'm not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Of course 3 points tomorrow would cheer me up a bit granted, but i fully expect 3 points so anything less would be pathetic. Though even though dundee lost to St Mirren they created enough good chances to win 7-2.

Also listen to DM interview on red tv he says its the free transfer market there in so looks like no transfer fees will be paid thus we would've spent much much less than last season even after being told we would have more with DNA on top.

I do like a moan if there is a whiff of an opportunity. My mate once called me Victor meldrew 😉
    Indeed, and McInnes always tells the press his plans and his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Indeed, and McInnes always tells the press his plans and his budget.
    Well he did when he came out with his I work 2 windows in advance claims !!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well to be fair, we didn't need to replace McLean.
    Yeah, no need to replace a Scotland international midfielder who was the playmaker and driving force of the team for the last 3 years. If you can’t see that McLean was a fundamental part of why we’ve done so well in the last 3 years, and a class above most midfielders in Scotland, you need to give up on football.

He was a f'uckin ponce.

Quote Originally Posted by afc_1983 View Post
    I'm as frustrated as the next Dons fan at the inactivity of late on the transfer front, but retaining faith that the club and the manager will come good - we do have until the end of the month after all, albeit I'd rather we got our business done much earlier in the summer.

We seemed prepared to pay at least £250k on a striker and that was before we got money in for Rooney. I don't think it's a stretch to say that we will have at least £500k kicking about to strengthen the squad before now and the end of the month.

In my eyes we need 2 strikers, another creative player and a defender as cover. I'd be happy enough to go with 1 new striker if it meant Anderson got more of a chance, however. The creative player I'd love to be a return of Hayes, but accept that won't happen. It's time for Scott Wright and Frank Ross to show what they're all about. The priority has to be a marquee striker who we can hang our hats on as a support. Without one we'll be 5th at best. If we re-signed Hayes we could potentially look at playing McGinn as a striker in some games. I'd be OK with that, but we'd still need a decent, if not marquee, striker to come in. The frustrating thing is we're probably not that far off being a decent outfit. I think Gleeson will prove to be a decent signing. Forrester I'm not convinced.
    2 strikers would be a waste of money as we only ever play one and already have 3 (may, cosgrove and Anderson - most of us probably forgotten the first was a striker, and most still wondering if the second will ever become one).

A first pick striker is required and a creative midfielder who can play wide - Hayes, Christie, Allan would all be good signings but I’d only take them on permanent deals, not loans.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    He was a f'uckin ponce.
    He was a playmaker, not a midfield enforcer. And he did what he did very well.

Page 421 of 530 FirstFirst ... 321371411419420421422423431471521 ... LastLast