+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 430 of 530 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Our wage bill must be quite a bit smaller than last season, so they can afford to bring some players in. Other clubs can manage it so there's no reason we can't. Unless money is being put aside for the Kingsford Krappyshack.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Some people in here expect that we should be competing with Celtic.
    That was my point, we cannot and should not be spending millions on players.

Your advocating the Romanov way, speculating on players, paying out more on transfers and wages.
    The price of winning three Scottish cups was administration and if it were not for their fans.

My post was tongue in cheek sarcasm, I know we would not spend millions on players, but for you, how much is enough?

Sorry but that is utter sh1te.

Should we try to be competeing with Celtic..yes

Should we be spending millions on players..no

I am advocating the Romanov way..phuck off

Your so called sarcasm..utter sh!te.

I see yet again you have dodged that the biggest threat to Aberdeen Fc going defunct is the Shuttle Bus Arena and not a couple of signings this transfer window (using the extra DNA money).

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Sorry but that is utter sh1te.

Should we try to be competeing with Celtic..yes

Should we be spending millions on players..no

I am advocating the Romanov way..phuck off

Your so called sarcasm..utter sh!te.

I see yet again you have dodged that the biggest threat to Aberdeen Fc going defunct is the Shuttle Bus Arena and not a couple of signings this transfer window (using the extra DNA money).
    How do you compete with teams over the course of a season that has a budget in excess of 10 times your own.
    Your coming across as you want it all and you want it now.

Not dodging the new stadium, lets discuss and assess that when its finally built and we know the figures.
    Until then, its all hypothetical and just an opportunity for you to wet your pants, again.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    It's not a case of spending millions on players, it's a case of paying a percentage of your income to keep things progressing steadily, this is the case in any progressive business model, we are all well aware that we cannot compete financially with the Glesga2, but come on there must be some money floating about Pittodrie to bring in a couple of decent signings.
    Id expect there is and with the window open 3 more weeks, we still have the opportunity to spend it.

Some people in here expect that we should be competing with Celtic.
    That was my point, we cannot and should not be spending millions on players.

Your advocating the Romanov way, speculating on players, paying out more on transfers and wages.
    The price of winning three Scottish cups was administration and if it were not for their fans.

My post was tongue in cheek sarcasm, I know we would not spend millions on players, but for you, how much is enough?
    Nonsense, the whole piece. Just drivel. Why don'y you go full retard and mention world record bids for ****ing goalies. It's not tongue in cheek. You need to remove your tongue from DM's arse first.

How do you compete with teams over the course of a season that has a budget in excess of 10 times your own.

Not dodging the new stadium, lets discuss and assess that when its finally built and we know the figures.
    Until then, its all hypothetical and just an opportunity for you to wet your pants, again.

Fair enough, no point even playing the game anymore...its phucked.

I want my team to atleast show some effort and ambition (not money related) to try and win everything they enter rather than already being whipped before we even start.

When that new stadium is built it will be too late....never mind though eh?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Yep. He has 2 yrs left on his contract. And at £250k was their record signing..........£250k.

Looks cheap now doesn`t it ?!!

Think of someone else who we have missed that`s gone down there a year or two ago that hasn`t been brought back yet. It`ll be something like that. Deek never forgets...............

( Although Boyce would have been perfect, he`s already done his ACL !!! )
    I thought it was £500k they bought him for?

Are you sure you're nae Stuart Milne?

Let's nae discuss it until it's far too late?

No

Give up on this ridiculous idea NOW

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Fair enough, no point even playing the game anymore...its phucked.
    We could argue the case about wasting £50m on a new stadium and training facilities if all we want to achieve at best is 2nd place. Having fancier training facilities for the clubs players is a complete waste of money if you don’t have the ambition to make a challenge for the major trophy. A new shiny stadium that will cost at least £40m is a crazy idea if you are just relying on folk to turn up in the middle of nowhere to watch us capitulate against Celtic. Once the soul of the club has been removed from its current and real home then the heart of the club is gone and fans will not be as eager to trek to Kingsford to watch Milne’s vision fight for 2nd place at the very best.
    Milne has absolutely f@cked the club big time and as this transfer window is proving with all reasonable doubt that he doesn’t want Aberdeen showing ambition and having a go at much at all. We need a fresh ambition into this club, someone who can clear out the rot Milne has left the place in. We will achieve extremely little with this miserly chairman pulling the strings.

We need to remember we are not competing with celtic over the course of the season - we compete with them 4 times out of 38 games and possibly twice more in cups. I've said it before and will say it again we need to continue to focus on maximising points against everyone else like we have been pretty good at and get as close as possible to a 50/50 share of the points against celtic. If they have a good year then so be it, they will win the league. We must though be in a position to take advantage when they have a down year. Last year we finished only 9 points behind them despite taking 3/12 against them and 1/12 against sevco (whilst they took 10/12).

Page 430 of 530 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440480 ... LastLast