+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 481 of 530 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,810 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

We're going to struggle to create in bigger games without a number 10 a Christie type or Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree.
    Their pace & energy are great to see.
    Love it when we play at a high tempo.

I will say though as a slight note of caution, they won’t have to face a worse team all season though
    Up until the last sentence, was going to ask if you were feeling okay Red? I'm almost detecting a hint of positivity from your post...

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Up until the last sentence, was going to ask if you were feeling okay Red? I'm almost detecting a hint of positivity from your post...
    You have to be after a 4-0 going on 10-0.
    I think DM may revert to default position at Easter Road next week though.
    By that I mean more cautious.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 18-08-2018 at 09:23 PM.

We do need another wide player.
    McGinn is too injury prone.
    I would agree there

You have to be after a 4-0 going on 10-0.
    I think DM may revert to default position at Easter Road next week though.
    By that I mean more cautious.
    Logan will come back next week, and wouldn’t surprise me if he goes with a back 3
    resulting in Wright or Ross dropping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Logan will come back next week, and wouldn’t surprise me if he goes with a back 3
    resulting in Wright or Ross dropping out.
    I’ll wager that Logan & McGinn will come in for Ross & Wright.
    Wilson for May too possibly.

If we go for a similar approach against Hibs next week then we will certainly do the business against them as defensively they are nothing great. I fear McInnes will make daft changes though and it will effect our speed and ability of attacking intent. Scott Wright was very dangerous against St.Mirren running at them through the middle and it ended up with the midfielders behind him being far more positive. If we bench him for the Hibs match we don’t deserve to see that style of attacking as no one else so far has taken a match from the central position by the scruff of the neck like that for a while.
    MacKay-Steven will absolutely roast Stevenson and the Hibs defenders if he attacks from the wing like yesterday. That was one of the best winger performances I have seen for a while so fair play to the lad.

Hibs are a completely different proposition! The same line up wouldn't work. St Mirren were honking yday. I suspect hibs won't be!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Hibs are a completely different proposition! The same line up wouldn't work. St Mirren were honking yday. I suspect hibs won't be!!
    The reason we should have a real go at Hibs is that their strength is in attack. No point sitting in and inviting them to have a go at us when we know their defenders are vulnerable. Also...why change positive tactics to go a lot more negative. One of my biggest gripes of McInnes as Aberdeen boss last season was that he wasn’t positive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    My Hibee pal out here say he fears their defence as its rank. Maybe getting right in aboot them is the best way forward

Page 481 of 530 FirstFirst ... 381431471479480481482483491 ... LastLast