+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 502 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,020 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Actually TBH it's been a fkn p1ss poor transfer window. Which can be made a helluva lot better if we just punt Cosgrove, no need for a replacement just punt him and that way at least we free up a space in the regular first team squad for a football player instead of a fkn donkey.

SF
    I think the transfer window has been a wee bit underwhelming, I'd say "OK", or steady would describe it best.
    I think "p1ss poor" is a bit harsh.
    What disappoints me is our myopic approach - the odd Scandinavian, or Eastern European wouldn't go amiss, and they'd likely cost less in wages maybe?
    We can safely say (bar one player this week whoever it's going to be) we are done for this summer.

Cerny - A decent back up - we are unlikely to source a better "no.2" keeper
    Devlin - I really wish folk would stop putting him in this window - he was signed 6 months ago
    Ball - solid, if unspectacular signing - handy squad player
    Hoban - Looked decent enough, but appears injury prone, past & present
    Ferguson - good signing - we'll make decent money on him
    Gleeson - Coming on to more of a game - seems a Ryan Jack type - should be ok
    Forrester - Needs time, but first impressions are he's slow and not a good signing - wait & see though.
    Wilson - Who knows? Seems a gamble, but we need to give him time to get fit and settle.

We still seem one or two short IMO.
    Maybe another wide player and a no"10", and we'd be fine.
    Rumours that we're after a left back baffle me if we can only afford one more player.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Rumours that we're after a left back baffle me if we can only afford one more player.
    If that is the case then I think this might be a practical example of McInnes working two transfer windows ahead, to attempt to deal in advance with the effect of losing Shinnie at the end of, or even during, this season. Possibly coupled with the belief that age might catch up with Considine so thath he might not continue to play the same decent standard that he's maintained under McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think the transfer window has been a wee bit underwhelming, I'd say "OK", or steady would describe it best.
    I think "p1ss poor" is a bit harsh.
    A transfer window is not all about what comes in the door it's also about what goes out. So in that case my opinion would be raised from p1ss poor to "OK" if we can punt Donkey Cosgrove fk me i might even raise it to good

SF

any news on scott allan , i thought he would be a good addition , but del or something is stopping it

IF All players were fit we would have a good squad but as they don't seem to all stay fit, we need a winger, a no10 & 2 full backs

if its only 1 player we are after I would try & get a no 10, especially with Mcginn's injuries

Quote Originally Posted by redtaz View Post
    any news on scott allan , i thought he would be a good addition , but del or something is stopping it

Might be his agents

Name:  79BCA85E-3EFC-42F1-AE26-ABA1AD61F5CF.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  13.5 KB

my worry is that this would have been a disappointing window even without the DNA money. To have the DNA money and have only made the signings we have made, it’s been underwhelming IMO.

I'm just not feeling it with regards to Scott Allan.

He seems to do the business for Hibs but that's about the gist of it. He was desperate to become the latest Hun but signed for the dhims the mhanky tink. Hated by Farts cos he played for Hibs, loaned out to Dundee but couldn't cut it (suspect attitude).

All in all, Del can get the best out of players that are willing to put the effort in but struggles with problem kids, such as Wilde, Badcock, etc.

Best we just give the wee ned a miss in my humble opinion.

Max Lowe, 21 year old Derby County left back, has been linked with a loan move to us.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/29...een-loan-move/
    Last edited by Sooth_Stand; 29-08-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Maximum Lowe joining from Derby. Next Colin Woodthorpe

Page 502 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512 ... LastLast