+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 519 of 530 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529 ... LastLast
Results 5,181 to 5,190 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Reality as in know our place?
    We already know our place. That’s the reality. Don’t take my word for it though, here’s the guy who runs out club spelling it out. Name:  7BC2DA6F-5C7D-457A-B01A-E1438691612E.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  13.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Sooth_Stand View Post
    Do you think Ceptic maybe have a lippy on and will refuse to sell to us because we (rightly so) told them to F-off r.e.McKenna?
    Possibly,I heard they want him to sign a new deal then they will put him out on loan again.

If he doesn’t sign a new deal they will lose him for nothing next year so that’s probably why we put a bid in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    We already know our place. That’s the reality. Don’t take my word for it though, here’s the guy who runs out club spelling it out. Name:  7BC2DA6F-5C7D-457A-B01A-E1438691612E.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  13.2 KB
    Yup it's a joke! That bawldy c!unt face prick should be ashamed but he won't be! And the clappies will put a positive spin on what he said!

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Did our Derek poop in your corn flakes or something?
    An intelligent articulate response. Keep it up. You are comedy gold.

Where are the scarves aloft shots of Ryan or Ryan or both?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Possibly,I heard they want him to sign a new deal then they will put him out on loan again.

If he doesn’t sign a new deal they will lose him for nothing next year so that’s probably why we put a bid in for him.
    Last spring, Brenda was on about getting him to sign a new deal, which seemed to coincide with his drop in form.

The fact that he hasn't signed a new deal suggests to me that he is putting his career, in the short term, ahead of dough, and will move south within the next few hours, probably on loan with a view to making it permanant in the Jan window.

Having said that, he won't be getting paid buttons at Barnsley or Sunderland! But at least he knows he'll be playing week in week out, something that, despite his cameo appearance last night, he won't get at Porkheed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    An intelligent articulate response. Keep it up. You are comedy gold.
    I love a compliment. Please concentrate on your own lack of unimaginative posts before complimenting on my outstanding wit and humour.

Can't wait to see our line up and demolition of Killie tomorrow.

��

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I love a compliment. Please concentrate on your own lack of unimaginative posts before complimenting on my outstanding wit and humour.

Can't wait to see our line up and demolition of Killie tomorrow.

��
    your own lack of unimaginative posts! You might want to read that back again.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Loan signings. Love them or hate them.

Personally I have mixed thoughs. We need to compete and these players ( generally ) are decent players we have brought in.
    Financially, we couldn't afford to buy any of them.
    I does hinder the rhythm of the squad, especially if they play well for us and get recalled to their respective clubs or they need to go back to provide injury cover.

I like the players we have on loan but I don't get a great feeling of pride when they run out on the pitch as really they are just to put in bluntly temps ( expensive ones at that ). We didn't pay for them

The number of loans changes the whole dynamics for other clubs as well. Look at Newco, they exploit it now and when they where in the lower leagues. They only won promotion using other clubs players. They will ( perhaps ) actually win something one day but not with there own players
    There at it again ( Liverpool reserves )

I would like to see a maximum of a couple of loan players in each fist team to balance it out.

It also cancels out or reduces the opportunity for younger players to get in the first team.
    Unfortunately it's nature of the modern game.

Clubs are signing more players than they need, often speculating on future development.

It means clubs have surplus players that are better than the ones at clubs further down the financial pecking order. They loan them out to get experience and the benefit for the "smaller" club is they have a player they couldn't normally afford.

The hard fact is you'd be putting yourself at a massive disadvantage if you didn't take in loan players and your rivals did. If we want the club to do as well as it can we have no choice (nor, for that matter do Celtic: all Scottish clubs are wee clubs when it comes to this).

I reckon we'd be a bottom six club without loanees. Obviously we'd prefer that the good players who come here on loan were "our" players, but it's not going to happen.

Banning or restricting loans might help, but it would also have the effect of broadening the quality gap between the rich and poor leagues, already ridiculously wide. SPL clubs chances of making an impact in Europe, for example, would be seriously damaged.

For that kind of reason I just don't see it happening. All the vested interests will be for keeping the loan system going.
    Last edited by DollyLongstaffe; 31-08-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There’s a difference between denying and ignoring
    Yes, i fully agree. After all you are an expert on these two words.

Page 519 of 530 FirstFirst ... 19419469509517518519520521529 ... LastLast