Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1333

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If the team is set up for Rooney to score goals he will get 20 plus,I disagree that teams have sussed out how to stop us if we play like that.Kilmarnock played like that last season and other teams never managed to stop fat Kris Boyd from scoring 20 odd goals.

I agree that if we get rid of a striker it’s likely to be Rooney,Cosgrove just signed in January and May has 3 years left in his 4 year deal so neither of them are going in the summer.

Personally I think it would be a massive gamble letting Rooney leave,Cosgrove is likely to be sent off more times than he will score and May has to do a hell of a lot better than he did last season.I thought he would be a good player for us but he is a shadow of the player he was at St Johnstone.
    I agree but I can see what he's trying to do with Stevie May. Hopefully it works next season.

Unfortunately I think Rooney is finished with us imo but what's easier, getting a player to fire in decent crosses or getting someone to finish them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I agree but I can see what he's trying to do with Stevie May. Hopefully it works next season.

Unfortunately I think Rooney is finished with us imo but what's easier, getting a player to fire in decent crosses or getting someone to finish them?
    We have 2 possibly 3 players to ping balls in. We will regret getting rid of Rooney(if we do). Big time

Cosgrove introduces hoofball and May introduces a man down.

Why is this even up for debate

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

I hope so, I might be old fashioned but I think May needs to be taken off corners and free kicks,this whole the striker takes the corners pish is flavour of the month because guff ball players do it.

To be fair on him he scored in his first couple of games when Shinnie simply passed him the ball when he asked for it,there was a lot of pissing about with ball from the likes of Christie and Stewart last season when you could see he made a good run and was shouting for the ball.

The pissing about in midfield affected Rooneys scoring ratio as well imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The pissing about in midfield affected Rooneys scoring ratio as well imo.
    Rooney lacked goals last season due to a lack of confidence in him under Del. If we play him we definitely need to feed him the ball in and around the opposition box. Getting punted our wide when even a blind man could see that he is not any good for that role.
    I hope next season we have a far more attacking midfield who take the game to the opposition but I suppose it will be limited due to our managerís persistence on his defensive formation.
    Aberdeen should be an attacking team as this will bring positive publicity to our club rather than just a team that scrapes wins on a regular basis. Why we are not set up to attack against any opposition in Scotland is ridiculous as the standard of teams is guff anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We have 2 possibly 3 players to ping balls in. We will regret getting rid of Rooney(if we do). Big time

Cosgrove introduces hoofball and May introduces a man down.

Why is this even up for debate
    I have a new debate....I predict that Forrester and Gleeson will be the new Kerr and McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Will have to be cove as i get back the friday before
    Balmoral can be organised, not my cup of tea though tbh, I would imagine a young squad, in saying that, decent sponsors for the once michty and rightfully we might put some chaps across from the 1st team.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I have a new debate....I predict that Forrester and Gleeson will be the new Kerr and McDonald.
    Give them a chance ffs

Stevie May will be player of the coming season with 30 goals

I won't bore you with why such a change, I've said it before.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    It`s painful watching Rooney being expected to play as a Left Winger , and try and outjump ANY Centrehalf. It`s just not his game.
    Lets give him a run as a penalty box striker, and bingo 20 goals plus per season.
    Jeezuz NTD how dare you suggest that our illustrious leader even thinks about doing what has had a proven track record for season after season.
    I think they have lost that tombola ball and that's why it never happens any more. But hey NTD 10 out 10 for suggesting the obvious, but common sense and using tried, tested and proven tactics sadly appear to be a thing of the past for our club

SF

Good luck to O'Connor after winning his big dream move to managerless League One outfit Bradford City.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Jeezuz NTD how dare you suggest that our illustrious leader even thinks about doing what has had a proven track record for season after season.
    I think they have lost that tombola ball and that's why it never happens any more. But hey NTD 10 out 10 for suggesting the obvious, but common sense and using tried, tested and proven tactics sadly appear to be a thing of the past for our club

SF
    Yep. It truly is a strange one. how such a deep thinking manager can even consider that possiblility is way beyond my tiny brain .
    It`s almost like he thinks he has the Dutch 1970`s World Cup Squad available. All capable of playing " totl football " When it SEEMS obvious to all us dolts in the crowd that our players are all fairly good at playing in oone position only. And when you play the best 11 in theeir "own" positions, we tend to win................?

( And that`s coming from a near Happy Clapper !! )

Anyway, it`ll all be different this year. We`ll hit the ground running , attack from the start in every game, and "game manage " games by scoring a further 3 goals , once two up. COYR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    ( And that`s coming from a near Happy Clapper !! )

Anyway, it`ll all be different this year. We`ll hit the ground running , attack from the start in every game, and "game manage " games by scoring a further 3 goals , once two up. COYR !!!
    It's no secret that I am anything but a Happy Clapper bud, but I am just as mystified as you are on the Ronney thing and with much more of ludicrous tactical choices over the years.
    On your comment about it all being different this year, while I applaud your optimism and show of confidence, if I was you I woodna be holding your breath pal.
    Only way things will be any different at our beloved club is when we have someone in charge who adopts the correct approach by simply playing our best players in the CORRECT positions and letting them get out there and have real go. With DM in charge there is now far too much of the trying to fit square pegs into round holes scenario which simply cannot and does not work.

Rant over for the time being

SF

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Good luck to O'Connor after winning his big dream move to managerless League One outfit Bradford City.
    Thank **** he's away.

Bradford?

He's probably went for the relaxed Mediterranean lifestyle and the lovely views from his travel lodge window.

Either that or he likes curry

Bradford's a hole

You just can't help yourself.

Class RJ
    I'll see your Kerr and McDonald comparison statement and raise you a fiver as my gut feeling is that both Forrester and Gleeson (if he signs) will not by any stretch of the imagination be anywhere near the level of player that we need to bring into this club to help kick us on to the next level, therefore ......... I Predict they will both be utter sh!te

SF

30 goals from May

28 of them being "assists" from Forrester

C'mon lads, we're not in the " name" market here when it comes to buying players.

We've already got " names"

Let's make a few more.

Gleeson will be a big signing if happens and nowhere near as bad as Kerr/Mcdonald/Ball/OíConnor probably a better player than Jack as well. Canít say on Forrester as havent seen anything of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    The only way in which he resembles the blessed Eoin Jess.

Good luck min.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Gleeson will be a big signing if happens and nowhere near as bad as Kerr/Mcdonald/Ball/OíConnor probably a better player than Jack as well. Canít say on Forrester as havent seen anything of him.
    Have you watched him? My concern is from that blog that RST posted where someone described him as a "wimp".

Page 53 of 67 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast