+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 530 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nah my point was that Rooney didn’t join till Jan 14 and McInnes already had us at the top end of the league competing for European places before Rooney came in.

You were implying Rooney was the sole reason and that was not the case.
    I didnt f@cking imply that at any point. Im saying our goals are down funnily enough when Rooney has dropped ojt the picture significantly. Never mentioned league position at all.

And also why we should keep it simple and use the tried and tested tactic of two wingers and Rooney through the middle. We have the players to do it. But instead we get Stevie May who has been nae far off pish.

You just had to get in a quick McInnes stroke without prompt
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-06-2018 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I didnt f@cking imply that at any point. Im saying our goals are down funnily enough when Rooney has dropped ojt the picture significantly. Never mentioned league position at all.
    You clearly said we were bottom 6 before Rooney joined.
    Wouldn’t have felt compelled to respond to your post if you didn’t mention the league position
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 02-06-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Very good point.
    However should playing to one players strengths be to the detriment of how we play.
    I think there was an element of teams learning how to stop our effectiveness.
    They knew that cutting out the supply down the wings, meant we had no alternative option.
    It’s why we had games where Hayes and McGinn were nullified.

I love Rooney, he’s been a great striker for us, but I also see why we need a different option
    I can understand that argument but at the same time Rooney was joint top scorer for us with 11 goals in 23 starts.

If he started as many games as McLean who also scored 11 goals he would have scored more and we could have had an even better season than we did.

At the end of the day we should still be building our attack around him instead of trying the likes of Cosgrove.

You clearly said we were bottom 6 before Rooney joined.
    Aye but we would obviously have less goals in the bottom six or we wouldnt be there ye f@cking fud. Hence why i went that far back And the fact he signed the season after. Its nothing to do with McInnes and your desperation to w@nk him off. Its to do with our goals being down when he was inexplicably deemed nae good enough by your f@cking hero to accomodate Stevie May and Cosgrove last season. He was srill hitting the net when given the chance

Edit May and Cosgrove couldnt lace Rooneys boots.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-06-2018 at 10:37 PM.

And also why we should keep it simple and use the tried and tested tactic of two wingers and Rooney through the middle. We have the players to do it. But instead we get Stevie May who has been nae far off pish.

You just had to get in a quick McInnes stroke without prompt
    For your edit.

I already mentioned that teams had started to suss us out and nulify the get it wide and across tactic.
    Wouldn’t have mentioned McInnes if you didn’t imply Rooney was why we weren’t bottom 6.
    You just can’t acknowledge that McInnes had already started to improve us.

Aye but we would obviously have less goals in the bottom six or we wouldnt be there ye f@cking fud. Hence why i went that far back And the fact he signed the season after. Its nothing to do with McInnes and your desperarion to w@nk him off. Its to do with our goals being down when he was inexplicably deemed nae good enough your f@cking hero to accomodate Stevie May last season
    Jesus.
    We were already in the top 6 first half of 2013 before McInnes signed Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can understand that argument but at the same time Rooney was joint top scorer for us with 11 goals in 23 starts.

If he started as many games as McLean who also scored 11 goals he would have scored more and we could have had an even better season than we did.

At the end of the day we should still be building our attack around him instead of trying the likes of Cosgrove.
    I will state, Rooney is our no1 goal scorer, still is, but we can only really play one way with him.
    I thought Cosgrove did very well in the run in and helped link our midfield well.
    May was poor for what we expected of him. Would hope he can come good, but not convinced.

It’s a new Midfield again, so will be interesting to see how our team lines up after the summer.

Jesus.
    We were already in the top 6 first half of 2013 before McInnes signed Rooney.
    And we didnt score as much goals that season as he signed half way through and we didnt last when he was f@cked about. What dont you f@cking get. This is nlthing to do with top six and you and your McInnes love in

Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-06-2018 at 10:44 PM.

And we didnt score as much goals that season as he signed half way through and we didnt last when he was f@cked about. What dont you f@cking get. This is nlthing to do with top six and you and your McInnes love in
    I have nothing against your goals comment.
    I accept that.
    Getting top 6 was not solely down to Rooney, McInnes had already returned that to us.
    Why don’t you Fcuking get that you clown.

I have nothing against your goals comment.
    I accept that.
    Getting top 6 was not solely down to Rooney, McInnes had already returned that to us.
    Why don’t you Fcuking get that you clown.
    Where did i say Rooney solely got us top six. Go on use your magical multi quote skills. You are reading sh@t that not even wriiten. You are so far up McInnes arse the reason i used the top six positions doesnt even compute in your hamster(most likely named Derek) on a treadmill brain. This is about Rooneys goals and nothing else. Rooney didnt play in bottom six so how the f@cking hell can i use that in any comparison.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-06-2018 at 10:53 PM.

Page 55 of 530 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast