+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

In what way has Stewart Milne been a hard nose businessman running AFC? I’m struggling for any examples over two decades.

I’m mind him trying to take one up the hoop for the Huns

Milne might be a hard nosed businessman when it involves his own money but he has been a total dick when it involves Aberdeen FC.

From what I have heard McKenna is in no rush to leave and considering he is contracted for a few years yet I can’t see him leaving until next summer at the earliest.

If he carries on improving his value will increase so it would be stupid of us to accept the first silly offer that comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    From what I have heard McKenna is in no rush to leave and considering he is contracted for a few years yet I can’t see him leaving until next summer at the earliest.

If he carries on improving his value will increase so it would be stupid of us to accept the first silly offer that comes in.
    I would agree, however if Aston Villa made an offer, he might think he could improve faster under Steve Bruce’s leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would agree, however if Aston Villa made an offer, he might think he could improve faster under Steve Bruce’s leadership.
    Maybe if he wants to improve his writing career...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Not sure if he would be over enthusiastic about improving himself under Steve Bruce’s leadership.If he keeps improving here he will get a bigger move than Aston Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if he would be over enthusiastic about improving himself under Steve Bruce’s leadership.If he keeps improving here he will get a bigger move than Aston Villa.
    Villa will be losing a massive chunk of their parachute payments this year.
    Not sure how much cash they’ll be spending.
    That said, as others have hinted, my fear is our chairman will fold too soon.
    He needs to be more like Rod Petrie.
    If McKenna was a Hibs player they’d get £3m.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    In what way has Stewart Milne been a hard nose businessman running AFC? I’m struggling for any examples over two decades.

I’m mind him trying to take one up the hoop for the Huns
    Like you Mason I am unable to think of any examples.... I also think he would wet himself for 1.2-1.5m....

FTH - Positivity starts with the club, they need to be sending a positive message out to the fans. A few reasonable signings may lift the mood a little. We have a lot of work to do to be ready for Euro Qualifiers

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    Like you Mason I am unable to think of any examples.... I also think he would wet himself for 1.2-1.5m....

FTH - Positivity starts with the club, they need to be sending a positive message out to the fans. A few reasonable signings may lift the mood a little. We have a lot of work to do to be ready for Euro Qualifiers
    If it wasn't for Mcinnes I'm sure Milne would have quite happily sold him for £300k already. £2m and he'll be gone I'd imagine. Which is mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Usual pessimism on this board.

Try to think a bit more positively, eh guys, instead of "Oh, I think we will finish 4th etc etc"?
    Oh dear, here we go again!
    A lot of us are extremely disappointed that we didn’t get a sniff at winning any of this years trophies but I for one was surprised that we did actually finish 2nd.
    Funny how we are made out to be the negative ones for encouraging a stronger Aberdeen team who always gives themselves a chance of winning any match. Also funny how the so called positive supporters are overly enthusiastic about our trophy less season.
    Strange thing these football forums at times!

Page 60 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast