+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 530 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I’d take Johnny Hayes
    for fox ache, no thank you,
    I hope to fk you are taking the piss with that suggestion

SF

McGeouch as a free would be a great signing (sadly cant see it), loan for Gauld could be interesting, let me throw in Jack Harper who I think will become a free agent in the summer & if fit COULD be a player, no idea what sort of £££ he is on. Well we have signed some very dodgy strikers.

Daniel Mckay at ICT or should we wait a couple of seasons? (only played a few games but have heard he is one to watch).

Need a decent CB even if Devlin is fit.

Stand Free

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    McGeouch as a free would be a great signing (sadly cant see it), loan for Gauld could be interesting, let me throw in Jack Harper who I think will become a free agent in the summer & if fit COULD be a player, no idea what sort of £££ he is on. Well we have signed some very dodgy strikers.

Daniel Mckay at ICT or should we wait a couple of seasons? (only played a few games but have heard he is one to watch).

Need a decent CB even if Devlin is fit.

Stand Free
    Jack Harper currently 4th division in spain in Malag's development team (his home town).
    Played 25 times for Brighton's U-23's scoring 4 goals.
    22 now so wouldn't be able to play (unless as an overage player) in our development team.
    Would be a bit of a gamble, but may be worth the risk

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I reckon we sold Hayes on the cheap. Bad business deal selling one of our best players at time to the team that we are trying to compete with. Hayes has been missed as no one has been able to replicate his ability he provided in the last couple of seasons.
    We had no negotiating power.

Hayes was expected to move on but decided he'd rather stay at a club and city he felt comfortable with even though he could have earned significantly more elsewhere. That was an unexpected lucky break for Aberdeen.

He (or his agent) expected a release clause, pretty standard. We were in no position to play hard-ball about that.

He was willing to stay here rather than go to a lower second or third tier English club for a bit more cash. Nobody realistically expected Celtic to come in, and they probably wouldn't have but for the Rogers/Hayes connection. He wasn't going anywhere else in Scotland. But Celtic was a dream move given his background and the difference between the two clubs in terms of Champions League, trophies etc.

The club played a weak hand as well as they could. You don't hold a lot of aces when you can't afford to pay a player his market rate. We just ran out of luck when Celtic came out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    We just ran out of luck when Celtic came out of left field.
    I do not believe it was left field. There were rumours long before the Scottish Cup final when the cat was finally let out of the bag. There were also warm embraces (2 that I know of) after games between Hollywood teeth and hobbit f@ck that were put down to "aye they ken each other"

We had no negotiating power.

Hayes was expected to move on but decided he'd rather stay at a club and city he felt comfortable with even though he could have earned significantly more elsewhere. That was an unexpected lucky break for Aberdeen.

He (or his agent) expected a release clause, pretty standard. We were in no position to play hard-ball about that.

He was willing to stay here rather than go to a lower second or third tier English club for a bit more cash. Nobody realistically expected Celtic to come in, and they probably wouldn't have but for the Rogers/Hayes connection. He wasn't going anywhere else in Scotland. But Celtic was a dream move given his background and the difference between the two clubs in terms of Champions League, trophies etc.

The club played a weak hand as well as they could. You don't hold a lot of aces when you can't afford to pay a player his market rate. We just ran out of luck when Celtic came out of left field.
    Well said dolly

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I do not believe it was left field. There were rumours long before the Scottish Cup final when the cat was finally let out of the bag. There were also warm embraces (2 that I know of) after games between Hollywood teeth and hobbit f@ck that were put down to "aye they ken each other"
    There's loads of examples where opposition players and ex-players embrace each other after the match.
    Ronaldo did it with SAF when Real Madrid went back to Man Utd as an example

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    There's loads of examples where opposition players and ex-players embrace each other after the match.
    Ronaldo did it with SAF when Real Madrid went back to Man Utd as an example
    Still looking for evidence that Hayes signed a new contract so he'd make Aberdeen money?

Can we nip it in the bud now?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Still looking for evidence that Hayes signed a new contract so he'd make Aberdeen money?

Can we nip it in the bud now?
    #WeirdoStalkerAlert

You just can't help yourself can you.
    Once your finished relieving yourself, please jog on.

He was willing to stay here rather than go to a lower second or third tier English club for a bit more cash.
    I'm sure he was in talks with other clubs but decided to go with Celtic. His agent, who is a total ned likes signing on fees incidentally.

I've nothing against Hayes but let's be honest, we sold arguably our best player to the only team above us in the league for buttons. Not necessarily the clubs fault, I don't know, but that's what happened.

Page 7 of 530 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast