+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 87 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Hopefully we already have with this new guy Forrester.

No doubt next season some people will be on here saying we still haven’t replaced McLean
    Hayes was the only player that's left us that couldn't be replaced easily.

As for Miller, I hope he doesn't sign for us and doubt he will but it's worrying that we have been in talks with him. However, he's better than Maynard, last seasons May, Zola, Parker and Goodwillie.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This ^^

He is 39 years old this year so he would only get a 1 year deal,he isn’t going to move up here for a 1 year deal so he would be traveling up from Glasgow on a daily basis which is no good for a 39 year old.

He will sign for Hibs,he started his career there and will want to finish it there.
    I really hope we don’t sign him. At 38 he is of no use for us long term and a negative approach from our esteemed manager if he does.
    Hopefully McInnes was just unfortunately caught burning the lugs off Miller about how he outfoxed Rangers to 2nd place in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    So this buy Gleeason seems to be a defensive midfielder , but can also oasa it and play a bit , and run a bit, and score a bit too.

Past history of being a hothead and getting booked a lot,...…..in English lower leagues. Fexk !!! He'll wutger outlook Shinniw or sort oot the thug from Parkhead, ...and then get booked ?
    I didn’t even know we were signing Gleeason,where does it say he is?

I guess if we sign him it ends the hope of McGeough or Mulumba signing which was a long shot to be fair.

Nah , just had a look at him as somebody mentioned a rumour we were considering him?

How the mighty have fallen when folk are wailing about replacing the likes of McLean.

Not a patch on the likes of Ian Angus (and many many more) who never made it as a regular Aberdeen player.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    How the mighty have fallen when folk are wailing about replacing the likes of McLean.

Not a patch on the likes of Ian Angus (and many many more) who never made it as a regular Aberdeen player.
    I hardly think anyone is wailing, players come and go.....that’s life.

In the once michty days we had a chairman/board that were prepared to back the coach, today it is completely different.....that along with Bosman, every window is a merry go round, regardless with your constant references about McLean you are obviously an uberfan and will miss him!!....let your continued angst go min.

SF

Oh I'm glad to see the back of him and would much rather forget he ever played for the Dons.

it's the "he'll be difficult to replace" comments that amaze me.

Let's get away from the pathetic points scoring ffs.

Craig Conway, noticed that he's out of contract, only 32. Would certainly add a good bit of experience to the side. Confident that he would stand out back the the SPL and would certainly contribute a few goals and plenty of assists.

I'd be happy with a signing like him.

Thoughts?? (No we're not linked to him.)

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Let's get away from the pathetic points scoring ffs.

Craig Conway, noticed that he's out of contract, only 32. Would certainly add a good bit of experience to the side. Confident that he would stand out back the the SPL and would certainly contribute a few goals and plenty of assists.

I'd be happy with a signing like him.

Thoughts?? (No we're not linked to him.)
    Nah.
    He’d do a job probably but at 32 his best days are done.
    Would rather we signed younger players with a point to prove &/or trying to better themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Oh I'm glad to see the back of him and would much rather forget he ever played for the Dons.

it's the "he'll be difficult to replace" comments that amaze me.
    You obviously fancied him. It's the only logical explanation. Was it his big pointy nose?

Page 87 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast