+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 109 of 530 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    In fact did Maguire (Phil) not sign for them from us and become a firm favourite. Am sure the Bradford fans will be hoping for similar. If only they knew though.
    McGuire went to Doncaster Rovers when he left Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Who would be interested in a striker with a strike rate of 1 in 38 and another that looks like his knee injury has finished him
    We got a 100K (I think !)for Stockley and apparently we got some sort of fee Miles Storey.

So if we were just looking to get shot of them , without looking for a transfer fee, then I expect there would be some interest in May and Cosgrove.

And I think we'd be more likely to get some sort of fee for them now than we would for Rooney, mainly because of their age

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Rooney is part of the problem, not the solution.

Nothing against the big man, a good professional, honest trier and tough as old boots, but he is so limited as a player that he has to be scoring in a high percentage of his games to justify selection. He hasn't done that for at least a season and a half. Some blame that the loss of McGinn and Hayes, but he scored 4 times in his final 17 games in the 2016/17 season when they were both here. That's 13 games out of 17 where we were carrying a near passenger.

To be fair to Deek, he recognises the problem. Unfortunately we can't just go out and buy a guy who's guaranteed to score goals on our budget. Every striker we sign is a punt. Maynard: guy used to be good, maybe can be again. May: injury problems and dents to his confidence hopefully haven't finished him. Cosgrove: raw and behind the curve in terms of his development, but maybe could be the big target man we couldn't afford otherwise.

So far the only punt we've taken that's actually worked is Rooney himself. But he's no longer the answer and we have to keep trying other things.
    I take it you are not a Rooney fan?

You randomly said he scored 4 goals in his last 17 games in 2016/7.

If you said his last 18 games that season it would be 7 goals in 18 games because he scored a hatrick against Motherwell,that doesn’t look as bad.

Anyway the most important stat is 88 goals in 197 games (151 starts 46 sub)

We ain’t getting a better goal scorer than that,I would rather have a striker who does nothing apart from score than a striker that can hold the ball up.The latter of the 2 doesn’t win you games.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I take it you are not a Rooney fan?

You randomly said he scored 4 goals in his last 17 games in 2016/7.

If you said his last 18 games that season it would be 7 goals in 18 games because he scored a hatrick against Motherwell,that doesn’t look as bad.

We ain’t getting a better goal scorer than that,I would rather have a striker who does nothing apart from score than a striker that can hold the ball up.The latter of the 2 doesn’t win you games.
    Apparently some on here would build there team around strikers who won’t score

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Louis Moult on loan?
    Preston have signed a striker & are apparently after another?
    No idea if we'd have any chance of landing Moult but worth a punt if we can. According to the Weegia Sevco were looking at him but I suppose that's true of about a million other players.

What I would say though is he's not a guaranteed solution. The question is, is he a good striker or just one who happened to have a hot streak at Motherwell? His non Motherwell career is pretty dire.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    McGuire went to Doncaster Rovers when he left Pittodrie.
    Yeah. Was I thinking of Rory McArdle? Jeez it shows you the dross over the years.

And how many out of position?

...the most important stat is 88 goals in 197 games (151 starts 46 sub)
    A very impressive stat as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    And how many out of position?
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/adam-r.../spieler/37773

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    Yeah. Was I thinking of Rory McArdle? Jeez it shows you the dross over the years.
    . McArdle wasn't such bad player

Just like Ball this year , NOT as. Fullback , but a midfielder was acceptable.

. I really also do not get people who are dissing Rooney. Stop disrespecting a legend

Page 109 of 530 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast