+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 118 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Sign both midfield players and move Shinnie to left back. Job done and vastly strengthens both midfield and defence.
    Absolutely right. I know others will disagree but I don't think Shinnie's most effective position is in midfield. He covers a lot of ground but the number of bookings he gets kind of works against him as he is sometimes just a tad too energetic. Much better to play him in his proper position at left back.

Mind you he did clock Scott Brown when he was playing as a midfielder......

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    Absolutely right. I know others will disagree but I don't think Shinnie's most effective position is in midfield. He covers a lot of ground but the number of bookings he gets kind of works against him as he is sometimes just a tad too energetic. Much better to play him in his proper position at left back.

Mind you he did clock Scott Brown when he was playing as a midfielder......
    I think we should use Graeme Shinnie in either position, dependant on the opposition.
    He does get booked too often in midfield.
    Against the top 4 from Glasgow & Edinburgh play him in midfield, against the others left back.

We're not going to agree on anything min.

I would do the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    We're not going to agree on anything min.

I would do the opposite.
    That’s fine.
    Your rationale?
    Mine for what it’s worth, is he gives us more dig against the better teams.
    Against the bottom 6 he’s better used as an attacking full back than Considine.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That’s fine.
    Your rationale?
    Considine does well against the bottom 6 though. I think we should just get a proper decent left back and leave Shinnie in midfield. With a proper hard man type along with him, he would get on much better.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That’s fine.
    Your rationale?
    But isn't it against the top six type teams that he gets most of his bookings?

Aldo says Considine does fine against the bottom 6 but we should sign a decent left back. One has to assume he did not see the last game of the season. Who was the left back that had Forrest in his pocket that day and still had time to score the winning goal? Am I the only one who is sick tired of the "Considine Bad" broken record?

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    Aldo says Considine does fine against the bottom 6 but we should sign a decent left back. One has to assume he did not see the last game of the season. Who was the left back that had Forrest in his pocket that day and still had time to score the winning goal? Am I the only one who is sick tired of the "Considine Bad" broken record?
    Aye good point. The other games against them don't count. Last goal the winner type thing? Jumpers for goalposts?

Anyway, I wasn't slagging off Considine. I've actually been on his side quite a bit on here. Most of us know we can still do better though.
    Last edited by Aldo1983; 16-06-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    Also see O'Connor. As equally pish in real life. Player has 1 stormer. Not a rare occurence

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    But isn't it against the top six type teams that he gets most of his bookings?
    I’ve no idea.
    Have you?
    I don’t know the stats.
    He seems to pick up bookings every 2nd game so I doubt your stat is right but I can’t say for sure.
    Was it 17 yellows last season domestically?
    He must’ve played roughly 34 games when you remove the suspended matches?

Page 118 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast