+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 266 of 530 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I know it was only 45 mins, and he shouldn't be judged on it, but the Stevie May that was playing against Cove Rangers was way too similar to the one i remember seeing last season.

Not holding out much hope.....
    I agree - I think he's done - that knee injury has taken away what he had.
    We'll end up cutting our losses next summer and he'll end up heading back to St Johnstone possibly.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Agreed, add the Trailist to that trio too.
    The "trialist", who out of utter desperation, will be given a 6 month contract no doubt to tide us over until January.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    The only reason Rooney will have expressed any wish to leave is because he’s nae getting a game.

Who can blame him if he has? He sees strikers who couldn’t hit a coo’s erse with a banjo getting played week after week when he’s a proven 20 goals a year man.

Get the wingers and midfielders (hopefully Forrester) to provide the service and get Rooney back where he should be - front and centre in the box.

Del tries to be too f’uckin clever too often. Stop f’uckin about, set up and play to our known strengths and get on with it.
    I agree.
    Play Rooney at "9".
    Unless we're getting a Moult or Boyce type signing (ha! who am I kidding?), then it's pointless selling him....but if he's asked to go, then it's only a matter of time before he does leave.
    Playing him wide left, or as a sub (where he's not an impact sub) is why he's going.

"His link up play is good"

Seem to remember hearing that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    "His link up play is good"

Seem to remember hearing that before.
    I actually couldn't care less how good his link up play is - I just want our main striker to score goals. That's his main objective. If he can't do that it doesn't really matter whether he can drop deep and receive the ball and lay it off to someone two yards away - I could do that.

As others have said, it's a massive season for May. He was garbage last season. He needs to be hitting at least 15 goals this season or we're as well getting rid of him.

I would be really surprised if we let Rooney go before we sign another striker, unless we've got someone 99% tied up already. My only fear is we get new striker in up front and McInnes then tries to shoehorn May in at left wing or something. I want to see wingers on the wings - i.e. McGinn, GMS, Wright and NOBODY ELSE! What's the point in having Rooney or May out there when they're slow and have no ability to beat a man or put in a cross.

Of the squad who started last season;

O’Connor replaced by Devlin
    McLean replaced by Forrester
    Stewart replaced by McGinn
    Maynard replaced by Cosgrove
    Arnason not replaced yet
    Ball replaced by Gleeson
    Rogers not replaced yet
    Harvie not replaced yet
    Christie not replaced yet
    Storie replaced by Ferguson

I hoped DNA money would improve the quality of the first XI or increase the strength in depth of the squad, going to have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to make either happen, especially with Tansey & Rooney also seemingly on the way out.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isnt anyone in this week honestly! More like 1 going

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Of the squad who started last season;

O’Connor replaced by Devlin
    McLean replaced by Forrester
    Stewart replaced by McGinn
    Maynard replaced by Cosgrove
    Arnason not replaced yet
    Ball replaced by Gleeson
    Rogers not replaced yet
    Harvie not replaced yet
    Christie not replaced yet
    Storie replaced by Ferguson

I hoped DNA money would improve the quality of the first XI or increase the strength in depth of the squad, going to have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to make either happen, especially with Tansey & Rooney also seemingly on the way out.
    Harvie is not getting replaced. He was released cos he's not good enough. Was occasionally a bench filler but not anything else. Another younger player will step up into that role, hopefully this time a player that can push on and push Considine out of the left back slot.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Harvie is not getting replaced. He was released cos he's not good enough. Was occasionally a bench filler but not anything else. Another younger player will step up into that role, hopefully this time a player that can push on and push Considine out of the left back slot.
    Shouldn't be hard to replace him then, ideally a decent midfielder so Shinnie can play left-back (and Considine becomes cover) but that seems out of the question for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Interestingly Harvie was projected ahead of McKenna at the start of last season, amazing how quickly things can change!

Page 266 of 530 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast