+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 303 of 530 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

As much of a disaster this window and pre season has been i still think we will get a result next Thursday, our 1st 11 is still a strong team apart from up top but we played most last season without a striker and still finished 2nd. We have goals in GMS, Mcginn and by looks of it Forrester and maybe even May can find a bit of form. I wouldn’t write us off just yet. We have a great keeper and Mckenna is brilliant. Still have Shinnie battling in the middle and Devlin looking decent too. We might even get a striker in on time who won’t be up to speed but could get a strong 30 mins or so if needed. If Rooney was still here he would have likely been on bench anyway. After seeing Campbell against tims i would have no problem playing him and from what i hear Ferguson is a player, if you are good enough you are old enough as the saying goes. I am not happy at all with how we have went about our business it has been shambolic but come on lads can we not have a wee bit o positivity? Also am on a rich vein of form scoring wise in the welfare league if its gets to that, al even play for a post game pie 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Once in a lifetime tie and it's been written off already. Shameful but expected.
    I'm sorry. Once in a lifetime ? Fecking Burnley ! it's a rotten draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    As much of a disaster this window and pre season has been i still think we will get a result next Thursday, our 1st 11 is still a strong team apart from up top but we played most last season without a striker and still finished 2nd. We have goals in GMS, Mcginn and by looks of it Forrester and maybe even May can find a bit of form. I wouldn’t write us off just yet. We have a great keeper and Mckenna is brilliant. Still have Shinnie battling in the middle and Devlin looking decent too. We might even get a striker in on time who won’t be up to speed but could get a strong 30 mins or so if needed. If Rooney was still here he would have likely been on bench anyway. After seeing Campbell against tims i would have no problem playing him and from what i hear Ferguson is a player, if you are good enough you are old enough as the saying goes. I am not happy at all with how we have went about our business it has been shambolic but come on lads can we not have a wee bit o positivity? Also am on a rich vein of form scoring wise in the welfare league if its gets to that, al even play for a post game pie 😉
    Good post.
    I too think that our starting team is set for the Burnley game and that’s been in place from the start of the pre-season.
    We are short of numbers, but the club are talking about promoting three youths to the team.
    We’ve missed out on McGeoch and Marquis, but I’m confident we will string bring in players before the end of the window.
    Re,ember last year we still made signings after the Europa League started, there’s still time to bolster the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    To be fair, we can put out a relatively strong starting 11 if everyone's fit. I would say our strongest starting 11 at present isn't as good as our strongest starting 11 was last season though - and in order to finish 2nd or above and possibly get to a cup final or two, we need to improve on our strongest line up.

The bigger issue however is that quite a few of that starting 11 seem to be quite injury prone, and a few are already nursing knocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Excuse me if im wrong but what he might mean is a once in a lifetime chance to play a EPL team and not a 'fola esch' and at the same time maybe just maybe get closer to Europa leauge stage,

But our approach is pathetic and to be frank disgraceful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s odd that our managers fluffers praise him to the hilt for getting us into Europe, yet are not overly fussed if we get papped out
    Agenda driven unobjective claptrap as per your usual . We are just being realistic given the honking draw. Some people on here need to get a grip

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    To be fair, we can put out a relatively strong starting 11 if everyone's fit. I would say our strongest starting 11 at present isn't as good as our strongest starting 11 was last season though - and in order to finish 2nd or above and possibly get to a cup final or two, we need to improve on our strongest line up.

The bigger issue however is that quite a few of that starting 11 seem to be quite injury prone, and a few are already nursing knocks.

Hear what you are saying and with Christie and Mclean being out its probably weaker, as i say not seen Forrester so can’t compare. Would say Devlin is an upgrade on O’Connor though. Think the players not featuring tomorrow are not due to minor knocks and not worth risking more than anything. As long as there is no more injuries we will most likely go with

Lewis
    Logan Devlin Mckenna Considine
    Gleeson Shinnie
    Mcginn Forrester GMS
    May/Cosgrove (either or)

Apart from the obvious weakness at left back and lack of goals from strikers its a team capable of beating Burnley.

Craddock, Reynolds, Ferguson, Ross, Campbell, may/cosgrove, Wright, Ball (could start ahead of Gleeson) not an experienced bench but still decent enough. Lack of game changer unless Wright can do something.

Thats pretty much the team that won at San Giro last day of season so all is not lost. Hopefully its just greetin on here and everyone is fully behind the team next Thursday and do our bit to help out the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Excuse me if im wrong but what he might mean is a once in a lifetime chance to play a EPL team and not a 'fola esch' and at the same time maybe just maybe get closer to Europa leauge stage,

But our approach is pathetic and to be frank disgraceful!!
    I repeat. Once in a lifetime ! Get a grip ! I do not sit beholden to the golden calf of the Epl over hyped crap that will hopefully go bust soon. Its feckin Burnley in the second round of the qualifiers not Bayern Munich in the quarter final of the cup winners cup

That's the spirit. Prefer playing Cypriots or teams from the Chinese border?

I repeat. Once in a lifetime ! Get a grip ! I do not sit beholden to the golden calf of the Epl over hyped crap that will hopefully go bust soon. Its feckin Burnley in the second round of the qualifiers not Bayern Munich in the quarter final of the cup winners cup
    I assume you don't understand what once in a lifetime actually means then?

Page 303 of 530 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313353403 ... LastLast