+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 276 of 530 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,760 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by TartanIvor View Post
    Looks like DM will be forced to unleash a new Dons star in 17yr old Dean Campbell this season lets use our kids instead off bringing older crap from the lower leagues I am not bothered about having unfit players in our squad build a team within our young players we have already
    I agree with this, the only issue is we might need to go backwards to go forwards due to the inconsistency of youth, and that might result in panic acquisitions/discontent from the support. In the long run if we have a squad where McKenna, Ross, Ferguson, Campbell and Wright all get the chance to kick on (and possibly 1 or 2 other young lads) then it could be great.

Dom Ball decent signing if he plays like he did last 5 games, if he plays like he did in semi then no. Campbell looked good against Tims last game of season, seemed composed on ball and won a few tackles and he won’t come up against much better players than Brown/Rogic etc this season so i would have no problem playing him. The keeper trial is a strange one, not much are going to want to come and sit on bench as there is no doubt Lewis is number 1 so it was always going to be someone we have never heard of and probably not that good or someone coming to end of career to get some decent money(Alexander), no club will loan a keeper to sit on bench (Rogers will be St Mirren #1) so its a difficult situation.

Just name our own young keeper as sub.
    The worst that will happen is that he plays out a game that Lewis is injured in.
    Then just recall Rogers if Lewis is out for any further games.

Funny going ons down Pittodrie way just now.

You'd think McInnes didn't think he would be here much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Just name our own young keeper as sub.
    The worst that will happen is that he plays out a game that Lewis is injured in.
    Then just recall Rogers if Lewis is out for any further games.

Funny going ons down Pittodrie way just now.

You'd think McInnes didn't think he would be here much longer.

Thats what i would do but seems not the way the club is

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I agree with this, the only issue is we might need to go backwards to go forwards due to the inconsistency of youth, and that might result in panic acquisitions/discontent from the support. In the long run if we have a squad where McKenna, Ross, Ferguson, Campbell and Wright all get the chance to kick on (and possibly 1 or 2 other young lads) then it could be great.
    Let's take a step back look at Hibs in Europe have a chance to go further than us getting cash in from transfer fees would they have let Mclean go for what we did?
    We have recently had regular European football keep that going and build on it and learn as we move on

Youth is not the answer. Like every similar club our youth policy is basically sign 10 guys and hope one or two make the grade, by which I mean become adequate if unspectacular SPL players.

80-90% never will, it's just hard to tell which ones at that age because plenty flatter to deceive.

Every 5 or 10 years you get a Scott McKenna and if you get your contract timing right you might make a chunk of money.

Playing youth would just mean putting future Highland League and lower division players in your team before they've even reached those standards.

Which we won't do, because it would be suicide.

Has there been a bigger pants p!ssing transfer window than this? Not that I'm not soaking too, just seems to be on another level this time around. Also has me wondering how the AFC Social Media team are spending their days. Must currently seem like the last day of school around that office. TV on wheels pulled in, no work going.

Well, have to say, my pants, jeans, pyjamas, everything are well and truly soaked.

Just cant believe another day goes by and we have signed absolutely fvcking nobody.

Dom Ball? He was at best, a sub, certainly not a first team regular.

Situation with the keeper is just plain embarrassing. I would be telling AFC to ram it if I was Danny Rogers. What a joke.

If I hadn't been so quick to renew my seasons ticket, I would certainly be sitting back and picking the games I am home for, instead of blindly renewing knowing I am missing at least half of them anyhow.

COME ON TAE FVCK AFC, SORT IT OOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    Well, have to say, my pants, jeans, pyjamas, everything are well and truly soaked.

Just cant believe another day goes by and we have signed absolutely fvcking nobody.

Dom Ball? He was at best, a sub, certainly not a first team regular.

Situation with the keeper is just plain embarrassing. I would be telling AFC to ram it if I was Danny Rogers. What a joke.

If I hadn't been so quick to renew my seasons ticket, I would certainly be sitting back and picking the games I am home for, instead of blindly renewing knowing I am missing at least half of them anyhow.

COME ON TAE FVCK AFC, SORT IT OOT!!!!
    could do with DM pulling a few rabbits out of the hat between now and close of business on Friday

Other than a striker or winger being subbed on for the last 10 minutes its not realistic to sign someone next week and use them in the Burnley game(s).

DM is not daft...so either his plan had fell apart after a few promising leads broke down and clubs are not really in a rush (remember the window has 6 weeks left) or we are simply struggling to attract players to the club that are better than what we have got...hence going back to Ball and crap loans.

I have faith that by the time the window closes in 6 weeks we will have a much better squad...sadly that will be too late for us.

West Brom, Burnley and Sevco coming up.

YIKES

Page 276 of 530 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376 ... LastLast