+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 464 of 530 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I agree. Absolutely no way Celtic would do that type of deal. At best they would offer £2.5m plus Christie on loan for the season.
    I would think it’s likely they would offer something along that lines. I just hope the club are more tougher than that and tell them to ram it.

It just worries me with how it went with Hayes and Rooney,they don’t seem to want to jeopardise players moves when they should be looking at what’s best for the club first and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would think it’s likely they would offer something along that lines. I just hope the club are more tougher than that and tell them to ram it.

It just worries me with how it went with Hayes and Rooney,they don’t seem to want to jeopardise players moves when they should be looking at what’s best for the club first and foremost.
    Time will tell if Celtic are genuinely interested in McKenna. I agree with the poster(s) who say that we shouldn’t be taking loans from Celtic. I would say we shouldn’t be taking or giving loans to teams in the same league.

A question for our hate of Celtic....if Celtic say offered £2m plus Griffiths (not a loan), would you be tempted?

Why was selling the 30 year old Hayes for £1.375 million not good for AFC? Were we getting better offers from elsewhere? I thought only Cardiff offered 500k?

If McInnes didn't fancy Rooney at centre forward then it was best all round that he moved on...he was a fading force anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    If we take another loanee from Celtic who cant play against them, my season ticket is going in the bin. Absolutely zero benefit to us as a club.
    Seconded. (nae the bin, ill give it to my cousin) . Should not be accepting their cast offs. Said it last season too. Christie hit the skids about the turn of the year anyway and did nothing after

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Why was selling the 30 year old Hayes for £1.375 million not good for AFC? Were we getting better offers from elsewhere? I thought only Cardiff offered 500k?

If McInnes didn't fancy Rooney at centre forward then it was best all round that he moved on...he was a fading force anyway
    I said at the time we should have played hardball with Celtic over Hayes,we should have asked for £1 million plus Christie on a permanent deal.If they said no we should have said no deal but McInnes said he didn’t want to stand in Hayes way of a dream move.

Rooney was allowed to leave when we had no one lined up to replace him,we should have told him he couldn’t move on until a replacement was brought in but again McInnes didn’t want to ruin his move so we went into the Burnley games and Hun game with 2 strikers.

If Celtic come in for McKenna and he tells us he wants to go is McInnes and Milne going to play hardball with Celtic or will they accept a derisory offer so they don’t have an unhappy player on their hands?

I said at the time we should have played hardball with Celtic over Hayes,we should have asked for £1 million plus Christie on a permanent deal.If they said no we should have said no deal but McInnes said he didn’t want to stand in Hayes way of a dream move.

Rooney was allowed to leave when we had no one lined up to replace him,we should have told him he couldn’t move on until a replacement was brought in but again McInnes didn’t want to ruin his move so we went into the Burnley games and Hun game with 2 strikers.

If Celtic come in for McKenna and he tells us he wants to go is McInnes and Milne going to play hardball with Celtic or will they accept a derisory offer so they don’t have an unhappy player on their hands?
    It depends really. Im a bit old school and if a player signs a contract with Aberdeen then his loyalties should lie with Aberdeen. If a player spits the dummy out because he isnt getting his "dream" move then maybe he should have signed for them in the first place and as far as im concerned, its tough luck. If however a players says he will sign a contract as long as we dont stand in his way over a potential "big move", then there could be room for negotiation, however the interest of the club should ALWAYS come first.

Was it not the case that Celtic "activated" the release clause in Hayes contract?

Can't play hardball against that. Agents and players hold the aces and power not the club's.

If a player is unhappy then it's usually better to get rid.

But not to Celtic or Sevco, never to Celtic or Sevco.

It's how they operate, always was.

Unsettle a player, offer s'hite, threaten.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A question for our hate of Celtic....if Celtic say offered £2m plus Griffiths (not a loan), would you be tempted?
    Pointless scenario, we couldn’t come close to paying his wages.

Page 464 of 530 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474514 ... LastLast