+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 204 of 530 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Some jester on Twitter said we’re about to sign Canadian striker Montieff Huckmann.

At this rate, not far wrong
    I must be slower than Stevie May. I read your message 5 times before I "got it". The heat must be getting to me. I'm away for a lie doon.

I think we should wait and see what has happened by the end of August rather than judge now. I completely agree that DNA money should be over and above "normal" playing budget albeit the money goes to "football operations" so not just first team squad e.g. the much mentioned tracker devices was funded from DNA money.

I think we should remember that "normal" playing budget for the first four years under McInnes involved only signing players on a free (I think I am right in saying that £175K for McLean was the only time we paid any sort of decent fee for a player). The only reason we spent a bunch on transfers last Summer was the Hayes money so that is not "normal". It's difficult to know if the money we have spent or will spend this Summer is still the money left over from Hayes/Mclean sales or is DNA money.

With regard to wages, there is no doubt that the cost of the first team squad is currently less than last season given those players that left compared with the few that have been brought in so no DNA money so far been spent on above "normal" wages but let's see where the squad stands at the close of the window - if we bring in two Louis Moult type signings and can get Shinnie signed up again (with no doubt a sizeable pay rise) along with 2-3 decent loan signings then I would be happy to believe DNA money has been spent over and above "normal" but certainly all very underwhelming as it currently stands.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I must be slower than Stevie May. I read your message 5 times before I "got it". The heat must be getting to me. I'm away for a lie doon.
    Bet you googled “him”

Currently as things stand we are getting conned...make no bones about it (the DNA money).
    I know we have a few weeks left but I will keep a close eye on our transfer dealings and see roughly what they tally.
    Our budget this season before DNA money has been added was supposed to be an increase on last seasons (Milne). So the reality is we should have funds to do half decent business during this summers transfer window.
    Let’s hope Milne plays ball and releases the appropriate funds to make sure we are adequately tooled up for this season ahead.
    If he doesn’t, he certainly should get hounded out of Pittodrie as quick as possible as conning your own fans of cash is despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Calm down lad, we've spent a wee bit of money already and there will undoubtedly be others arriving, some free, some loan and some for a fee. Some will prove to be pretty useless, some will be similar to the players they're replacing and maybe 1 or 2 will prove to be excellent. It's the same every year.

I'd have liked to have seen another couple of new faces by this point too, but I think there'll be activity this week. If we're still in the same situation in a couple weeks time, then will be the time to panic!
    Fair enough, but as We've missed out on several of our first choice targets its worrying to say the least, our European scouting is non existent and im fearing for the coming season a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Currently as things stand we are getting conned...make no bones about it (the DNA money).
    I know we have a few weeks left but I will keep a close eye on our transfer dealings and see roughly what they tally.
    Our budget this season before DNA money has been added was supposed to be an increase on last seasons (Milne). So the reality is we should have funds to do half decent business during this summers transfer window.
    Let’s hope Milne plays ball and releases the appropriate funds to make sure we are adequately tooled up for this season ahead.
    If he doesn’t, he certainly should get hounded out of Pittodrie as quick as possible as conning your own fans of cash is despicable.
    This ^!! tottaly the prick is most certainly conning us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The playing budget is now determined by those that signed up for this farce. It’s a smart move from Milne.
    The AberDNA money was never to be spent on the playing budget anyway.

It was to be used for the "Football Operation".

Given how broadly that is defined, and with the spending unlikely to be reported in any detail, they can do what they like with it.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

Given how broadly that is defined, and with the spending unlikely to be reported in any detail, they can do what they like with it.

4- Money can’t buy experiences...

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

The first line is a load of shyte for starters,100% of funds will be used to support the football operation.

Milne just came out and said roughly half of it will go towards the football operation.

You really couldn’t make this shyte up

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You really couldn’t make this shyte up
    Which is odd because that’s exactly what the club did. Probably in a pub.

Page 204 of 530 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214254304 ... LastLast