+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Agree on McDonald - I thought he might’ve been worth a punt last year but over the hill now.

I don’t think anyone’s moaning about looking at other young Scottish players if they’re better than the ones we already have at the club - issue is that paying money for them is more of a gamble than putting the same money into a player with some proven experience. If it goes well it will be a great bit of business though.

If Ferguson’s inherited some playing ability that’ll be good, hopefully he’s not inherited the fudness as well.
    Well I'm all for a bit of nastiness in the midfield. It comes in handy now and again. As long as he doesn't go down the hun version of the Zander route of posting pictures of himself with his Union Jack birthday cake etc I will live with him being a hun.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If Ferguson’s inherited some playing ability that’ll be good, hopefully he’s not inherited the fudness as well.
    If, by that, you mean hopefully as well being, in reality, a very good player, he isn't a niggly wee arrogant nyaff who plays with his chest puffed out, then I'd argue it's what we've been missing. Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance, as long as you have the ability to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    If, by that, you mean hopefully as well being, in reality, a very good player, he isn't a niggly wee arrogant nyaff who plays with his chest puffed out, then I'd argue it's what we've been missing. Nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance, as long as you have the ability to back it up.
    Ferguson did have the ability to back it up though. Wasn't just good up here he was excellent at Blackburn before injuries.

And is he not meant to be 6ft 1 ? which is a bonus nowadays for a midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Ferguson did have the ability to back it up though. Wasn't just good up here he was excellent at Blackburn before injuries.
    His old boy Derek was being touted as the next best thing when he broke through at Ibrox. I remember quotes from Souness saying he was his ready made replacement. Didn't really work out that way for him but still pretty decent.

Exactly. At's phit I'm saying. Like him or not, he was a good player. So young Lewis can have the family fudness as much as he wants, as long as he has the ability, like his da and uncle, to back it up. Time will tell.

Exactly. At's phit I'm saying. Like him or not, he was a good player. So young Lewis can have the family fudness as much as he wants, as long as he has the ability, like his da and uncle, to back it up. Time will tell.
    Well you'll be in the minority sadly, but I'm in your camp. Couldn't care less who they support or what they do as long as they give 100% and perform when in an Aberdeen shirt.

Well you'll be in the minority sadly, but I'm in your camp. Couldn't care less who they support or what they do as long as they give 100% and perform when in an Aberdeen shirt.
    I hear phit yer saying min, but I think you're underestimating our support a wee bitty. One or two halfwits will pre-judge Ferguson based on his family connections but even they will be swung when he crunches into the rat, or Brown, on his debut.

I've got no concerns about him not being welcomed into the AFC "family."

I hear phit yer saying min, but I think you're underestimating our support a wee bitty. One or two halfwits will pre-judge Ferguson based on his family connections but even they will be swung when he crunches into the rat, or Brown, on his debut.

I've got no concerns about him not being welcomed into the AFC "family."
    Some of our support are absolute f*****g zoomers when it comes to that.

Fergie, Bett, McLeish, Miller, Bell, McMaster(?) and some others were all Rangers (RIP) fans growing up.
    Didn’t stop them being club legends or giving everything for the Dons.
    If we were to go down the route that Yorkshire County Cricket did in the 80’s & 90’s & only sign players within the county of Yorkshire, but change it to “you HAVE to be a Dons fan to play for Aberdeen”, we’d be f****d.
    It’s a sh1te argument.

Heard in pub last-night that we are after J Naismith & C Booth plus 2 C Midfielders & another striker. also might try & get Stewart

Page 28 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878128528 ... LastLast