+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 315 of 530 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,150 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The sun putting us back in for moult this morning.
    I noticed that also, but not sure if it is a credible story. He would certainly be a decent signing that I am sure the vast majority of our fans would be very happy with (myself included).
    McInnes also said he was looking to add a striker as Maynard was let go and before Rooney left the club. Marquis and Moult....who would accept this alternative to Rooney and Maynard?
    They could give good competition to Cosgrove and May.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Midfielder - Ryan Christie -FORESTER
    Midfielder - Kenny McLean -FERGUSON
    Midfielder - Chidiebere Nwakali -GLEESON
    Goalkeeper - Woodman & Rogers
    Forward - Nicky Maynard & Rooney
    Defender - Anthony O'Connor
    Defender - Dominic Ball- BALL

So of all the players that left this summer we still need a Goalkeeper, a defender & 2 forwards

i would expect a defender & at least 1 striker in this week, our 2 wildcards for the game on Thursday

Also heard that Gregg Stewart could also be on his way back again but it will not be before Thursday as other positions are DM'S current priority
    What i dont understand is that all those players must have added up to some wage bill. Add that to the fact we have apparently money from DNA to spend, we must have a decent kitty sitting there for signings... so why havent we really signed anyone else?

I saw some folk on Facebook getting stiffys because we drew with WBA, said they didnt think we needed much more signings and were now more optimistic and excited about the Burnley games... Jesus, it was a bloody friendly and Burnley is going to be a completely different set of circumstances.

If we dont sign a couple before the first leg, we really will be up sh!t creek. Some fans have written these games off already and some of them are the same fans who praised DM and the club for making it into Europe, but are okay if we go out because its Burnley... f*ck that, at least make some signings and give ourselves a bit of a chance and come away with some pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    What i dont understand is that all those players must have added up to some wage bill. Add that to the fact we have apparently money from DNA to spend, we must have a decent kitty sitting there for signings... so why havent we really signed anyone else?

I saw some folk on Facebook getting stiffys because we drew with WBA, said they didnt think we needed much more signings and were now more optimistic and excited about the Burnley games... Jesus, it was a bloody friendly and Burnley is going to be a completely different set of circumstances.

If we dont sign a couple before the first leg, we really will be up sh!t creek. Some fans have written these games off already and some of them are the same fans who praised DM and the club for making it into Europe, but are okay if we go out because its Burnley... f*ck that, at least make some signings and give ourselves a bit of a chance and come away with some pride.
    Prepare yourself for some rather amusing posts claiming all is going swimmingly well at Pittodrie.
    Burnley will be a totally different task as they are a lot better than WBA , they will play us in a meaningful game and they will be at full strength.
    We need reinforcements before the match, surely no one can deny that?!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

Completely agree.
    The manager knows the squad is threadbare.
    Bare minimum needed is:

Back up keeper
    Right sided defender - if he can play both right back & centre half, fine.
    Right winger.
    Striker.

We do need a few signings thats for sure but its not as much as some think, i think its a level between the pant pishers and the happy clappers. If we can find that balance then we will be alright

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    We do need a few signings thats for sure but its not as much as some think, i think its a level between the pant pishers and the happy clappers. If we can find that balance then we will be alright
    We need 4 players, but would be happy if the likes of Ferguson & Campbell got game time.
    They look the part.

Agreed RST those 2 have a lot of promise so i personally would rather see them get a chance instead of taking in a english league 1/2 journeymen. We need a striker and the manager knows that hence the Moult and Marquis talk. Also think we need a wide player as Wright doesn't look like he will make it at this level, would love tonbe proven wrong there. Need a player in for Logans ban and would be sensible to get a player like Quinn a few year ago who is comfortable at cb or rb as Logan will come back in as 1st choice. We need a lb unless he plans on playing Shinnie there as Considine won’t do and Reynolds injured and also useless there. We are not miles away from a solid team and i believe it will be another 2nd place unfortunately as we won’t overtake Tims but whilst there is a chance we will i will keep believing

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Agreed RST those 2 have a lot of promise so i personally would rather see them get a chance instead of taking in a english league 1/2 journeymen. We need a striker and the manager knows that hence the Moult and Marquis talk. Also think we need a wide player as Wright doesn't look like he will make it at this level, would love tonbe proven wrong there. Need a player in for Logans ban and would be sensible to get a player like Quinn a few year ago who is comfortable at cb or rb as Logan will come back in as 1st choice. We need a lb unless he plans on playing Shinnie there as Considine won’t do and Reynolds injured and also useless there. We are not miles away from a solid team and i believe it will be another 2nd place unfortunately as we won’t overtake Tims but whilst there is a chance we will i will keep believing
    If Ferguson keeps progressing, we could play him alongside Gleeson & put Shinnie at LB.
    we maybe need cover on the left of defence if the rumours about Reynolds being out long term are true.

I'm a glass half empty, yet half full sort of guy. Neither a happy clapper or a pant pisser. Not sure if that means I'm a happy pisser or a pant clapper. The first eleven looks decent and whilst we do need a couple more good signings, hopefully we don't just go overboard and get in a rake of average-at-best squad fillers and instead utilise the best of the young lads that we already have.

Moult will be in the squad by Thursday.

Page 315 of 530 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365415 ... LastLast