+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 318 of 530 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I was looking at the Preston forum to see what they think of Moult,most of them think he is shyte but some of them think Alex Neil doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths,he tries to use him as a target man who holds the ball up which isn’t the sort of player he is apparently.

As pysh as May was last year and you could be right about him not being the same player after his injury,I think it could also be that McInnes doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths.

I’m pretty sure if he was given opportunities he would still be able to put the ball into the back of the net.
    I remember watching him on a Sky game last year when he come on as a sub and he looked way out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I remember watching him on a Sky game last year when he come on as a sub and he looked way out of his depth.
    Some players are suited to some clubs (a la Stevie May & St. Johnstone). Hopefully if we do land Moult, this would not be the case.

Or Blackman and Motherwell for that matter.

He was so bad that you would have thought he was sulking

Liam Rosenior released by Brighton - worth an enquiry? Can cover both full back berths and probably still do a turn on either wing.

Granted - just turned 34 and has only been used sparingly last couple of seasons but surely would be decent short-term cover. Seems keen to complete his coaching badges - might be mutually beneficial for him to work under the management in a smaller scale set-up - his more likely path into eventual management.

Seems to think he still has something to offer on the park. Whether he would be up for a wee sunset year so far from home is maybe a long shot - but his flexibility, leadership and if his Guardian entries are anything go by - footballing intelligence would surely be highly beneficial in a season where it looks like we may finally give youth a chance.

If he brought anything like what Jody Morris offered at St Johnstone - the manager could be further encouraged to return the club to a strong youth policy - a path we’re going to be further reliant upon in the next long good while. If we can persuade the right type of experienced personnel to come in not dictated by the size of the weekly wage to provide solid cover and go out of their way to assist bringing on the young lads - is worth picking up the phone and asking.

Far more potentially mutually lucrative than some no-no that will bury their head in the sand for the next ten months and have everyone around them inclined to do the same. So - just say no to Nowak.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 21-07-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Liam Rosenior released by Brighton - worth an enquiry? Can cover both full back berths and probably still do a turn on either wing.

Granted - just turned 34 and has only been used sparingly last couple of seasons but surely would be decent short-term cover. Seems keen to complete his coaching badges - might be mutually beneficial for him to work under the management in a smaller scale set-up - his more likely path into eventual management.

Seems to think he still has something to offer on the park. Whether he would be up for a wee sunset year so far from home is maybe a long shot - but his flexibility, leadership and if his Guardian entries are anything go by - footballing intelligence would surely be highly beneficial in a season where it looks like we may finally give youth a chance.

If he brought anything like what Jody Morris offered at St Johnstone - the manager could be further encouraged to return the club to a strong youth policy - a path we’re going to be further reliant upon in the next long good while. If we can persuade the right type of experienced personnel to come in not dictated by the size of the weekly wage to provide solid cover and go out of their way to assist bringing on the young lads - is worth picking up the phone and asking.

Far more potentially mutually lucrative than some no-no that will bury their head in the sand for the next ten months and have everyone around them inclined to do the same. So - just say no to Nowak.
    Are you Graham Spiers in disguise???

Alan Nixon on Twitter, who’s not unreliable, suggesting Swansea are still sniffing around Scott McKenna.

And here’s the shocking (but not surprising part with our club), we’d accept £3.5m.

Not even £5m...£3.5m

Absolutely pish if true.

Save your rage. He won't be going anywhere before our next three matches.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Save your rage. He won't be going anywhere before our next three matches.
    I’m thinking about the season.
    After scum game he could be gone for a low under valued fee.
    £5m with add ons should be absolute bare minimum

It's a difficult one for Aberdeen to call.

The loon went from returning to Pittodrie after an unsuccessful loan to captaining Scotland in one season.

If someone had offered us £30,000 for him this time last year we would have taken it.

I've called for £15 million based on that stupid league down south but I suppose if I was in the board room And not just sitting here with my ipad then I would take half of that.

Look what Maddison and Ward have just been sold for.

Both recent Dons players, both extremely good players.

Both, for some reason still critisized on this site.

Maddison for being lightweight, nithing special (f'uckin numpties)

Ward for being.......well f'uck knows really, could have only been some sort of jealousy because other folk were waxing lyrical about him.

Bot great prospects but look at the money they went for, unbelievable.

McKenna is a great prospect too, perhaps we should hold out for £15 million after all.

Or perhaps he's a one season wonder and we should cash in now.

As I said, a difficult one to call.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m thinking about the season.
    After scum game he could be gone for a low under valued fee.
    £5m with add ons should be absolute bare minimum
    Aye and then start a new thread where we can all guess what Stewarty Milne will do with the said 5 million.

Page 318 of 530 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328368418 ... LastLast