+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 319 of 530 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Aye and then start a new thread where we can all guess what Stewarty Milne will do with the said 5 million.
    £4m shortfall for training complex.
    That’s that sorted.
    I’ve no problem with us selling young players for huge sums.
    Celtic do it.
    So we’re never going to be immune.
    It’s actually what our model should be.

My problem would be under valuing players.

Their transfer window closes 4 days after we play the zombies.

If McKenna goes it will likely be during those days.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    £4m shortfall for training complex.
    That’s that sorted.
    I’ve no problem with us selling young players for huge sums.
    Celtic do it.
    So we’re never going to be immune.
    It’s actually what our model should be.

My problem would be under valuing players.

The Scott McKenna training complex.

Sounds good but if we hold out for another £10million then it could be The Scott McKenna / no leak fanny pad Arena

.... or £30,000 from Arbroath in 2 years time
    Last edited by donsdaft; 22-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.

I think he’d give it over to our current coach to develop the squad & challenge for trophies

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It's a difficult one for Aberdeen to call.

The loon went from returning to Pittodrie after an unsuccessful loan to captaining Scotland in one season.

If someone had offered us £30,000 for him this time last year we would have taken it.

I've called for £15 million based on that stupid league down south but I suppose if I was in the board room And not just sitting here with my ipad then I would take half of that.

Look what Maddison and Ward have just been sold for.

Both recent Dons players, both extremely good players.

Both, for some reason still critisized on this site.

Maddison for being lightweight, nithing special (f'uckin numpties)

Ward for being.......well f'uck knows really, could have only been some sort of jealousy because other folk were waxing lyrical about him.

Bot great prospects but look at the money they went for, unbelievable.

McKenna is a great prospect too, perhaps we should hold out for £15 million after all.

Or perhaps he's a one season wonder and we should cash in now.

As I said, a difficult one to call.

Hopefully big fella is happy enough to enhance his reputation over another another strong season and the wee fella has enough sense to see that £10m next year makes more sense than grabbing the £3m now considering the noose he’s about to tie to club’s neck.

You’d imagine that in a similar position to Tiernay, agreements were made within contract renewals that if exorbitant minimum release fees are met or if top half Premiership interest is expressed - it’s the player’s call. Would think in both cases if they’re closely analysing the ‘promised land’, both lads will feel that they could draw top six interest. Not so sure that a path via Swansea would lead to the same destination. If there is uk legislation restricting number of non-British in squads forthcoming - stock of both players will rise considerably further.

Pretty sure we’ll see Lawell hold out for £20m. Unfortunately most of us would bet on Milne folding for £3m. Not so sure that offsetting the Welsh instalments against the eventual stadium overspend with Considine playing centre-half for the next three seasons is worth getting excited over. Hopefully Scott feels similar with anything less than a move to a West Ham, Leicester, Everton or above.

So cue the banking of a Swansea £2.5m spread over three years and a two year contract for Nowak next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think he’d give it over to our current coach to develop the squad & challenge for trophies
    Not sure about that as I am positive in my assessment that the new training facilities (when completed) will suddenly make our coach more tactically aware, make all our players much better and we will attract a higher standard of player. The trophies will come flooding in thanks to Del’s wonderful vision.

Are we genuinely going to sign anyone before this match on Thursday? I reckon if no one is in the door by Tuesday evening then we are going with what we have. McInnes won’t want distractions leading closer to the match.
    I have a feeling Nowak will find out his future at Aberdeen by Tuesday evening also.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Are we genuinely going to sign anyone before this match on Thursday? I reckon if no one is in the door by Tuesday evening then we are going with what we have. McInnes won’t want distractions leading closer to the match.
    I have a feeling Nowak will find out his future at Aberdeen by Tuesday evening also.
    I’d say we won’t.
    Even if we do, no way they’ll start the game Thursday.

Fitness allowing, this is the team I think McInnes will pick (not necessarily my team).

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Gleeson Shinnie
    McGinn Forrester GMS
    Cosgrove

Suns; Craddock, Ball, Ferguson, Campbell, Wright, May, Ross.

Aaron Lennon against Considine gives me the fear.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It's probably best we didn't sign anyone now with the intention of throwing them straight in at the deep end on Thursday. Then we'd be gambling that they find their feet in a matter of days. Too much of a risk I'd say. Give Cosgrove a go at it and see if he can't get another one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's probably best we didn't sign anyone now with the intention of throwing them straight in at the deep end on Thursday. Then we'd be gambling that they find their feet in a matter of days. Too much of a risk I'd say. Give Cosgrove a go at it and see if he can't get another one or two.
    Read a lot on here about how pish Stewart was on not having a pre season but I don't buy that. We have had guys come in before and make an immediate impact. It'll be Cosgrove starting though I'd have thought. It's classic Mcinnes.

I still think we can go through regardless.

Page 319 of 530 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419 ... LastLast