+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 530 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Seems pretty clear that in January he definitely wanted to head south.
    Sounds like the moves or choices he’d thought he’d have, have not materialised.
    Don’t see a starting slot for him.
    I’d imagine Devin & McKenna were the central defensive partnership DM wants, and I don’t think he’s good enough to play in the “2” in midfield.
    He ain’t good enough to play anywhere send him back down here to league 2 oblivion if he thought he was too big for us in January

Seems pretty clear that in January he definitely wanted to head south.
    Sounds like the moves or choices he’d thought he’d have, have not materialised.
    Don’t see a starting slot for him.
    I’d imagine Devin & McKenna were the central defensive partnership DM wants, and I don’t think he’s good enough to play in the “2” in midfield.
    Trouble is Del will see him exactly in that defensive midfield role.

With Ball gone that’s where he’ll slot him - and he’s nae good enough.

I’d rather have Ball in there than AOC to be honest.

As I said, he was great yesterday with two absolutely brilliant last gasp blocks in the box fae Dembele and McGregor but I will be disappointed if he signs - smacks of the constant extensions given to the likes of Langfield and Mackie - lazy, lacking ambition and clear evidence of a lack of desire to really progress the quality of the team on the park.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Trouble is Del will see him exactly in that defensive midfield role.

With Ball gone that’s where he’ll slot him - and he’s nae good enough.

I’d rather have Ball in there than AOC to be honest.

As I said, he was great yesterday with two absolutely brilliant last gasp blocks in the box fae Dembele and McGregor but I will be disappointed if he signs - smacks of the constant extensions given to the likes of Langfield and Mackie - lazy, lacking ambition and clear evidence of a lack of desire to really progress the quality of the team on the park.
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling we’ll sign Dom Ball.

Can’t disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling we’ll sign Dom Ball.
    I can’t see why anyone would want to keep him either, he just seems to have a mistake in him every time he plays.

I know we have a budget but surely we can do better than Dom Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can’t see why anyone would want to keep him either, he just seems to have a mistake in him every time he plays.

I know we have a budget but surely we can do better than Dom Ball.
    I agree.
    I just have a feeling that 3 or 4 decent performances since the split might just get him a contract.
    Hope not.

I imagine 1st June will be when we start to bring players in as they will probably be getting paid by previous clubs up until then.
    I look forward to seeing the quality of player we bring to our ambitious club.

Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

BBC Gossip page

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

BBC Gossip page
    I would be pretty happy with that, good cover for Logan and at an age where we can become the first choice RB at some future point.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I imagine 1st June will be when we start to bring players in as they will probably be getting paid by previous clubs up until then.
    I look forward to seeing the quality of player we bring to our ambitious club.
    Have you anyone in mind?

An interesting shout I heard in the pub recently was David Templeton, Accies player of the season and has scored some very good goals in a pretty poor team....

Page 19 of 530 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119519 ... LastLast