+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If it wasn't for Mcinnes I'm sure Milne would have quite happily sold him for £300k already. £2m and he'll be gone I'd imagine. Which is mental.
    Milne will sell him for around £1.5 - £2m no doubt about it.
    McInnes probably gets a decent input into any offers that come in for players but Milne will sell when he wants.
    You could also say that thanks to Alex McLeish that Scott McKenna’s profile and transfer fee has certainly been upped a bit. McLeish has given the lad a platform to encourage a very decent career and he certainly believes he is his main centre back now.

Maybe one or two good signings will bring unity to the board...
    Aye..... ok.... who am I kidding?!

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Maybe one or two good signings will bring unity to the board...
    Aye..... ok.... who am I kidding?!
    After our tooling up has given us a bit of a lift then I expect mayhem to persue after the first match has been played. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if he would be over enthusiastic about improving himself under Steve Bruce’s leadership.If he keeps improving here he will get a bigger move than Aston Villa.
    Why not?
    Bruce mounded Harry Maguire and then sold to the premiership and into the England squad.
    He had a nae bad career as a centre half, so why do you think McKenna wouldn’t be enthused about the possibility?

Not a chance we'll cave in for McKenna. Club is financially astute and secure, he is a HUGE and extremely valuable commodity for Aberdeen. There is a derth of top quality centre half's the world over.

We have a huge asset on our hands. McInnes and Milne will both know that.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

Ryan Fraser was a huge asset. Different set of circumstances obviously but don’t underestimate Milnes ability to f*ck this up from a reasonable position of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Not a chance we'll cave in for McKenna. Club is financially astute and secure, he is a HUGE and extremely valuable commodity for Aberdeen. There is a derth of top quality centre half's the world over.

The club is not financially secure as they need around 30 for a stadium. Raking in say 5m would go along way to keeping the remaining needed monies down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Ryan Fraser was a huge asset. Different set of circumstances obviously but don’t underestimate Milnes ability to f*ck this up from a reasonable position of strength.
    Vastly different. Not even a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    To be fair, it was bad timing that Fraser's contract was up just as he was bursting on to the scene. It also didn't help that the refs were giving him no protection against the SPL's assorted hatchetmen.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Oh dear, here we go again!
    A lot of us are extremely disappointed that we didn’t get a sniff at winning any of this years trophies but I for one was surprised that we did actually finish 2nd.

Funny how we are made out to be the negative ones for encouraging a stronger Aberdeen team who always gives themselves a chance of winning any match. Also funny how the so called positive supporters are overly enthusiastic about our trophy less season.

Strange thing these football forums at times!
    So, let me gets this right. If you are a positive type of supporter, confident that we had the necessary tools in the box at the end of last season to finish ahead of Hibs and Sevco, that’s make you a happy clapper **? And if you reckon Milne wouldn’t fold at an offer of £1.5m of McKenna, that also makes you a happy clapper **?

** Definition of happy clapper being somebody who clapps at any old sh1te, irrespective of what the quality is? Someone who thinks the manager, for example, can do wrong?

Listen, I’m still ragin’ at that semi-final performance v Well, plus the League Cup quarter performance v the same team. Both performances can we directed to our manager’s door, due mainly to poor transfer recruitment, which could be put down to his head being turned by managerial offers, around about the transfer window times. I also think we should have made the Europa League groups stages at least once, out of 4 attempts.

But, we are where we are. DM ain’t going anywhere soon, whether we like it or not. Me, I sense a renewed vigour from our manager, and would prefer him to stay and have one last go at it, and am hopeful and confident that we will have a decent summer transfer window that can set us up for a good season next up, irrespective of how Sevco perform.

And that’s not feckin’ happy clappin’, its realism borne out of common sense.

Page 61 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast