+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'll bet you we won't.
    DM likes Considine and seems him as reliable.
    I cant see it either. Even with the extra funding we wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I cant see it either. Even with the extra funding we wont.
    It won`t be his first priority. Midfield first.

But if he finds a proper Leftback ( aka another Shinnie !! ) He`d want a " versatile " one. So a Leftback that can cover either CH or DM ?

Got to remember that Consi has scored the Winner at Parkhead and not lost a goal , plus chipped in with some more goals. ( Hat trick Hero at Dens ) etc etc. So other than getting skinned alive in the occasional cheeks game, he`s had a good season. ?

Cue hissy fit drama from the naysayers ( And accusations of me being a HappyClapper,.....

Come on AFC. We want our new Midfield Hardman !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

Got to remember that Consi has scored the Winner at Parkhead and not lost a goal , plus chipped in with some more goals. ( Hat trick Hero at Dens ) etc etc. So other than getting skinned alive in the occasional cheeks game, he`s had a good season. ?
    Do we want to move forward and be a better all round team or stay plateaued where we are is the question

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Do we want to move forward and be a better all round team or stay plateaued where we are is the question
    What's the best utilisation of the budget?
    Do we potentially sacrifice the attributes that Considine brings in terms of aerial threats in both boxes, for someone unknown?
    For me, Considine gets a lot of stick even in instances where it was not his man that filled the space, so the question should be who was picking up the third man running?
    Even Shinnie got dragged about like a puppy on a leash in the Mexico game, so it may be about how we play, our set up and formation thats creates the problems.

I get Considine is not the most mobile and at times can be exposed for that, but he is at the same time fairly consistent and chips in at both ends

Cue hissy fit drama from the naysayers ( And accusations of me being a HappyClapper,.....
    !

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I get Considine is not the most mobile and at times can be exposed for that, but he is at the same time fairly consistent and chips in at both ends
    Considine in bigger matches is generally honking and the left hand side looks very weak. I know he can score the odd goal but I really hope we show balls and start moving on these type of underachievers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Considine in bigger matches is generally honking and the left hand side looks very weak. I know he can score the odd goal but I really hope we show balls and start moving on these type of underachievers.
    My point also included Shinnie at left back getting pulled out of position in the Mexico game.
    A replacement will not necessarily resolve the issues but we need to look more at how we defend those situations.
    I'd happily replace Considine if the opportunity arose, but LB's are like hens teeth to find a good one.
    Anybody got a realistic suggestion of who we could go for?

Teams (celtic are great at it) expose him as the weak link and exploit it.

As i said if we want to become better allround we need to get a left back into left back.

No offece to Andy but we can do alot better

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    My point also included Shinnie at left back getting pulled out of position in the Mexico game.
    A replacement will not necessarily resolve the issues but we need to look more at how we defend those situations.
    I'd happily replace Considine if the opportunity arose, but LB's are like hens teeth to find a good one.
    Anybody got a realistic suggestion of who we could go for?
    Shinnie would stroll it in our league getting played in his natural position. We need his energy to get up and down the park as Considine lacks this now. I don’t dislike Andrew Considine as he seems a decent guy but in footballing terms we must move on and try improving each season. Playing Considine for so long at left back hasn’t helped us winning further trophies

Is Maynard still here?

It won`t be his first priority. Midfield first.

But if he finds a proper Leftback ( aka another Shinnie !! ) He`d want a " versatile " one. So a Leftback that can cover either CH or DM ?

Come on AFC. We want our new Midfield Hardman !!
    Considine done well scoring the winner at Parkhead and keeping a clean sheet,does that mean he will regularly be putting in performances like that against the cheeks?

I would be surprised if he does, it really depends on what your expectations are I guess.Personally I think we need an actual left back if we are going to challenge Celtic for trophies,if we stick with Consi it will be much of the same,qualifying for Europe,the odd final and maybe win one if we are really lucky.

Page 72 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast