+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    In what way is Kenny Miller a good professional? He stabbed his last 3 managers in the back, while leaking stories to his mate at the Record.
    wow. Did he ? I wasn`t paying attention to that , as I tend to not read any stories about the huns . just skip those pages till I find something about the Dandies. A fault of mine.

What i meant was , he`s 38 yrs old and any time I`ve seen him he appeared to be the fittest/sharpest player on the park. so, perhaps mistakenly , assumed he was a good trainer and looked after himself. hence a good example set for the other to follow.

mind you if all 3 managers were hun manager ,
    and one of them was Pedro. and he stabbed them in the back. Whats not to like ?!!

BUT , it`s most likely irrelevant anyway. Other posters pointing out it`s the Sun , and just a wee story to keep huns buying thepaper is probably closer to the truth ?

Truthfully though, what are we thinking about if this is true. A 38 year old on a 1 year deal is not the way forward. McInnes needs to be a bit smarter in this transfer window than signing the likes of him.
    A decent player in his time but he was someone else’s player and I would rather we took a risk with our youth players than watch the likes of him at Pittodrie now.

It would suggest he’s not hanging about for any rebuilding job. Which is great because he’s not capable of doing it.

This’ll be his last season

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    To be fair, you posted about Guti and St Mirren.
    To be fair, my point was more about the biased media attention than actual facts and truth in the story itself.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Truthfully though, what are we thinking about if this is true. A 38 year old on a 1 year deal is not the way forward. McInnes needs to be a bit smarter in this transfer window than signing the likes of him.
    A decent player in his time but he was someone else’s player and I would rather we took a risk with our youth players than watch the likes of him at Pittodrie now.
    I recall Fergie signing Henrik Larson after he retired ( from playing from Barcelona !! )

The Guffy press thought he was daft. Some foreign gadgie who`d never played in Engerland . and had retired ??

Ok. Hardly the same level or standard. But surely if you thought you could sign a striker assured of scoring goals in this league, even if only for half a season. Costings aside, you would have to give it some serious thoughts ??

What if he was the one to score the goals against both cheeks. That 9p point deficit may not have occured ?

If`s, buts and maybe`s. And then some more " what if`s " . got to give some thought , eh ?

mind you , he is a rampant hun !!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Worse than Goodwillie or Maynard?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    but like everyone else his form dipped as the season went on
    this is crucial for me.
    When the team are playing well, making good runs etc, it frees up McLean to play his passing game and be better.
    When the teams form dipped, it directly impacted McLeans game

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yes.
    Interesting moral compass you’ve got there

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Interesting moral compass you’ve got there
    Stronger than yours probably?
    My reasons were not morally and if you want to traverse down the old beaten repetitive road again, crack on, but I'll drop out.
    The facts were regarding Goodwillie, that he was not convicted at the time of signing for Aberdeen and don't believe anyone should be presumed guilty until proven

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Stronger than yours probably?
    My reasons were not morally and if you want to traverse down the old beaten repetitive road again, crack on, but I'll drop out.
    The facts were regarding Goodwillie, that he was not convicted at the time of signing for Aberdeen and don't believe anyone should be presumed guilty until proven
    Yeah, that’s not what happened

Page 81 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast