+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 530 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    That’s Naismith signed for Peterborough.

https://www.theposh.com/news/2018/ju...land-naismith/
    Thank fk for that

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    after Gleeson who is next, a defender or a striker.

suspect we will be back in for Ball & stewart.

9 players left this summer only Ferguson & Forrester have signed so far

This means we need Gleeson & 5/6 others- we should try & get them all in before pre-season starts in 2 weeks
    Greg Stewart won’t be back.
    He’ll be back in Scotland but not at Aberdeen.

Not necessarily Ball, but I do agree we’ll sign a jack of all trades, master of very little type player to cover defence & midfield.

Still think we need 5;
    Right back
    Centre half
    Centre mid
    Right wing/mid
    Striker.

Think we’ll maybe get 4 of the 5, with one of the 4 covering either both right back/centre half, or both centre half/centre mid.
    (An O’Connor/Ball type)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post

Not necessarily Ball, but I do agree we’ll sign a jack of all trades, master of very little type player to cover defence & midfield.

Still think we need 5;
    Right back
    Centre half
    Centre mid
    Right wing/mid
    Striker.

Think we’ll maybe get 4 of the 5, with one of the 4 covering either both right back/centre half, or both centre half/centre mid.
    (An O’Connor/Ball type)
    Doesn’t Niall McGinn fulfill the requirement for a right wing/mid?

I’d have no issue with Dom Ball returning, and fulfilling the centre half/midfielder vacancy.

For me, we need the above, a right back, left back, left winger/midfielder and striker

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Good. I didn't get the big deal.
    Agree. No point trying to sign players who are not even as good as the player (Shay Logan) they will be competing against.

Left back has to be a bigger priority than a right back.

Hayes back will sort the left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    after Gleeson who is next, a defender or a striker.

suspect we will be back in for Ball & stewart.

9 players left this summer only Ferguson & Forrester have signed so far

This means we need Gleeson & 5/6 others- we should try & get them all in before pre-season starts in 2 weeks
    You forgot Devlin

Still think we need 5;
    Right back
    Centre half
    Centre mid
    Right wing/mid
    Striker.

(An O’Connor/Ball type)
    That's too many players. Mcinnes won't know what his best team is again. Keep it simple, get it right the first time and no need for another striker.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Doesn’t Niall McGinn fulfill the requirement for a right wing/mid?

I’d have no issue with Dom Ball returning, and fulfilling the centre half/midfielder vacancy.

For me, we need the above, a right back, left back, left winger/midfielder and striker
    Yes, McGinn does fill the wide right role.
    GMS the left.
    They’re the first picks.

After that we’ve little cover.

I’m not convinced by Scott Wright - I have a feeling he’ll end up at Partick on loan.

So we need another winger. McGinnalsonlikes playing on the left, solid day right side.

Left back? Ideally yes. Not going to happen though. DM loves big Andy.

See a few posts suggesting we need a striker. I don't really see the need for one, when we still have arguably one of the best strikers in the league in Adam Rooney
    But for some strange reason our super manager seems to think that Stevie May and Sam fkn Cosgrove are better options than one of the best consistent goal scorers the club has had in fkn years.
    For fox ache get the right service to Rooney and he will score, for fox ache play the man and he will score.
    Get the tactics right DM ffs, work on delivering quality balls into the box (nae hoof ball ffs) and Rooney will deliver.

This among others is another reason why it is clear we have the wrong man steering the ship, but I guess we have to accept the fact that sadly we are stuck with him for the foreseeable future.
    So i guess we are therefore stuck with tombola team selection, hoof ball to try and find Sam fk Cosgorve and also stuck with yet again bang average less than mediocre signings who will inevitably end up plying their tread in guff league 3 as they finally find their true level of sh1teness

But hey ho it's all good

SF

?

ah cmon noo...what happened to the days when you could post something not so obvious and posters would work it out. All this social media has made you lazy ba5tards.

Its Brendon Gleeson, who I would suggest is the type of Gleeson we need in the middle of the park.

Page 101 of 530 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast