+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 233 of 530 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Hayes would be a fantastic signing regardless of loan/permanent.
    My 50 pence is on Greg Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Hope not.
    He did little to deserve us taking him back IMO

He was coming onto a game at the end of last season....

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    Was he? Missed that. Entirely what we don’t need

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    As things stand I'd take Hayes, Stewart, Christie and Ball back if we could, whether on loans or permanent. I can't really see Christie coming on loan again and Stewart probably won't fancy coming up for another season of mainly sitting on the bench. If Hayes is fit, he would be the option that I'd favour most.

Someone mentioned in a previous post positions we could realistically improve in starting line up... I'd say...

Left Back - I'd take Lee Wallace if we could get him. Other than going back to Hearts, I'd say we're his only realistic option unless he goes down south.
    Right Centre Back - I'm not sure how good Devlin is, but I can see him being rusty and injury prone and we've got literally no cover in this position.

I think we need another winger to provide options alongside GMS, McGinn and Wright. Striker I'm not sure - if May returns to top form, or if Rooney gets enough game time to hit his usual form, we'll be fine with what we have, but going on last season we could possibly do with a new first pick forward.

I think 2 or 3 more quality players are needed at least - not just squad fillers, but players who can step into the starting line up without weakening it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That would do GMS confidence the world of good.
    I'd say we need a right winger more than the left.
    If we sign Hayes, all 4 wingers can cover the left
    For the right, really only McGinn is more comfortable there.
    Don't forget about Rooney he can play as a left winger as well apparently (well according to our illustrious leader he can)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    As things stand I'd take Hayes, Stewart, Christie and Ball back if we could, whether on loans or permanent. I can't really see Christie coming on loan again and Stewart probably won't fancy coming up for another season of mainly sitting on the bench. If Hayes is fit, he would be the option that I'd favour most.

Someone mentioned in a previous post positions we could realistically improve in starting line up... I'd say...

Left Back - I'd take Lee Wallace if we could get him. Other than going back to Hearts, I'd say we're his only realistic option unless he goes down south.
    Right Centre Back - I'm not sure how good Devlin is, but I can see him being rusty and injury prone and we've got literally no cover in this position.

I think we need another winger to provide options alongside GMS, McGinn and Wright. Striker I'm not sure - if May returns to top form, or if Rooney gets enough game time to hit his usual form, we'll be fine with what we have, but going on last season we could possibly do with a new first pick forward.

I think 2 or 3 more quality players are needed at least - not just squad fillers, but players who can step into the starting line up without weakening it.
    I agree, squad players will offer nothing more than we could do with the development squad...

Players who can step straight in and influence games are what is required.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hayes isn’t coming to Aberdeen today, the story is absolute nonsense.
    Thank Fek for that RJ,
    I predict we will sign nobody today

top 6 will be a fekin struggle this coming season at this rate.....

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Spot on with the last paragraph, Don. Agree

Was he? Missed that. Entirely what we don’t need
    correct

12 good months at Cowdenbeath, then 18 good months at Dundee, that's it.

Came here overweight - unprofessional, and unforgiveable for a footballer

Did very little when here.

I'd not be pleased if we re-signed him.

We really need pace injected in to the team

Page 233 of 530 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast