+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 511 of 530 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Perhaps the plan is to deploy Cosgrove in the revolutionary inverted ten role where the idea is for Super Joe to pump the ball up to his head, big man heids it to Wilson/May to despatch into the net. With both failing due to form or injury - young Brucie saves the season by getting the hang of the intricate build up - only to be replaced by some injury prone nomark from Engerland as January’s marquee raid on the National League in a bumper loan deal to June - only made possible by AberDNA.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 30-08-2018 at 01:54 PM.

LB brought in because our man from Watford is made of China, another crock. Looks a decent player, but no use in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    That being the case, I would question where the creativity (GMS aside) and the goals are coming from.
    I see lots of 1-0's, 1-1's this season.
    And GMS is not someone you can rely on for 40-45 games per season - he'll dip.
    That's why I think we needed a winger, as McGinn seems to be made of plasticine now.
    Fair points, fair comments indeed.
    Even Hayes and McGinn were inconsistent in their best seasons here on the wings.
    Infact, it was usually the case if these two were not on their game, then we did not / could not play.

I'd agree we'll be more solid at the back, thus concede fewer goals and that may mean we do not need to rely on scoring as much.

GMS will be dangerous, as will McGinn / Wright on their day.
    I've high hopes for Ferguson and can see Shinnie being able to drive forward more this season too.
    Forrester may yet still proove the doubters wrong, but needs time to settle / recover till we see what he can do.

Wilson as well may prove a crucial addition.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    LB brought in because our man from Watford is made of China, another crock. Looks a decent player, but no use in the stands.
    agree.

will miss 3 or 4, come in for 1 or 2, miss 3 or 4...repeat til fade.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Fair points, fair comments indeed.
    Even Hayes and McGinn were inconsistent in their best seasons here on the wings.
    Infact, it was usually the case if these two were not on their game, then we did not / could not play.

I'd agree we'll be more solid at the back, thus concede fewer goals and that may mean we do not need to rely on scoring as much.

GMS will be dangerous, as will McGinn / Wright on their day.
    I've high hopes for Ferguson and can see Shinnie being able to drive forward more this season too.
    Forrester may yet still proove the doubters wrong, but needs time to settle / recover till we see what he can do.

Wilson as well may prove a crucial addition.
    We have a very injury prone squad of players generally - at least 6 have a history of bad injuries, or regular niggling injuries;

Hoban, Devlin, McGinn, Wright, May, Wilson.
    Possibly 4 of them would be considered first X1 players too.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Is the DNA cash been blown?
    Aye pal, apparently all blown on 6000 Fridge Magnets

SF

We have a very injury prone squad of players generally - at least 6 have a history of bad injuries, or regular niggling injuries;

McGinn, Hoban and Wright I grant you.

Devlin, May and Wilson are harsh this season

Agree lets see how Devlin May & Wilson get on this year.

As I have said I have a wee worry about McGinn as he seems to keep on getting injuries since he returned

Not harsh at all if you read the post.

I said a history of bad injuries or niggling injuries.
    Devlin & May have missed about 3 years of football between them, albeit been available so far this season.
    And Wilson arrived injured.

How do Devlin,McGinn and May have a history of bad injuries?

McGinn has had a few injuries since he came back but that doesnt mean he has a history of bad injuries.

Devlin and May both had a knee injury which kept them out for a while,again that doesn’t mean they are injury prone or have a history of bad injuries.

Page 511 of 530 FirstFirst ... 11411461501509510511512513521 ... LastLast