+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 226 of 530 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

This lack of transfer activity is maybe Milne’s way of saying that he’s had enough and is trying his best to be awkward. The cost of the new training facilities and Stadium have probably gave him the fear. Probably hoping someone else will take the mantle and pressure of being commander in chief. I sense by a few comments McInnes has made recently that Milne is frustrating him.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Well i suppose im not really sticking my neck out, its getting beyond a joke and i have no faith in our ambitions on the transfer front,

I think our lazy approach is typified with the trial of nowak a boy who hearts didn't rate and the greek team sussed him out after 1 or 2 sub appearances! Add to fact hes only played about 70 minutes game time since Nov jesus
    Agreed.
    As I said, it’s bargain basement desperation.
    I seriously doubt Nowak would get a game with more than 3 or 4 teams in the league.
    I’d love to know how many options we’ve gone through to get as far down as Nowak.

Fully expect a Monakana type wide player to be brought in too.

Hope I’m wrong, the evidence so far says I won’t be.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agreed.
    As I said, it’s bargain basement desperation.
    I seriously doubt Nowak would get a game with more than 3 or 4 teams in the league.
    I’d love to know how many options we’ve gone through to get as far down as Nowak.

Fully expect a Monakana type wide player to be brought in too.

Hope I’m wrong, the evidence so far says I won’t be.
    Have we chucked the towel in?
    I honestly don’t think we will sign anyone of any note (better than what we have) during this window. The old mantra about signing players that will be an improvement is thrown right out the window.
    I don’t care how anyone dresses this up but this has been a brutal transfer window so far and I reckon 99% of us expected a lot better after the statement from McInnes about his disappointment from the last 2 windows and the funds getting raised by some of the clubs fans.
    The only person I see who benefits from this shambles is Milne as he can sleep better knowing the club are paying less out in wages at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s exhausting going through this the first time round, never mind wading through old posts. Go look for it yourself. Its round about the time you’re chowing down on McInnes for signing Woodman
    No need.
    With regards to Rogers, they very clearly think there is potential there, but not confident enough to be our main goalkeeper yet.
    I fully expected him to go and was surprised by the contract extension.
    The loan to St Mirren shouts that they want him to get more experience and will get his opportunity after Lewis (I guess)

Goalkeeper is quite a special position and crucial given our recent history.

Go back and look at the comments regarding Wright etc and you'll see there is no change.

Not like you to stir though is it Mason

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They are tough games no doubt.
    I can't say how we will fare in these games, there are a lot of caveats.
    Sniffing about the Burnley forum, many of their fans are not bothered about progressing in the Europa League.
    They're bread and butter is the Premiership. They received circa £129M last year from the Premier League so getting a couple more from Europa is seen as small fry, especially when they are concerned about long trips on a Thursday and having to play Sunday league games.
    They could end up doing like West Ham did when they were knocked out by Astra Giurgiu a couple of years ago.
    Alternatively, being their first foray into Europe for over 50 years and with Sean Dyche's mentality and opportunity to increase his stock more, they may take Europe seriously and want to progress as far as they can.
    Right now, I'd guess a home draw for us and an away loss.

for the SevCo game, I already said it could go either way.
    I'll sit on the fence and say a score draw.
    2 home draws and an away defeat in Burnley...your prediction.
    I am quietly confident and disappointed that my own prediction of 3 straight defeats will be the more likely outcome.
    Shame on both of us for not predicting a victory for our team in any the matches?!
    I really hope we beat Burnley and knock an English team out of Europe. As for Gerrard and Rangers, I hope they hate every minute they step foot in Aberdeen and go back to Glasgow with bruised bodies and egos.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    2 home draws and an away defeat in Burnley...your prediction.
    I am quietly confident and disappointed that my own prediction of 3 straight defeats will be the more likely outcome.
    Shame on both of us for not predicting a victory for our team in any the matches?!
    Well, its a transitional period.
    Until we see how the teams set up and how they gel, its tough to predict how we will be.
    The squad value Burnley have they should win both games easily, but lets see how they turn up.

I really hope we beat Burnley and knock an English team out of Europe.
    I agree.

As for Gerrard and Rangers, I hope they hate every minute they step foot in Aberdeen and go back to Glasgow with bruised bodies and egos.
    Absolutely. lets make it an intimidating atmosphere and send them down the road with their tails between their legs and questioning how they can catch us up

I'll probably watch the Rangers game tonight, purely to see where we can exploit them

There line up looks strong certainly stronger than ours! And that's with there 2 recent signings not in squad

Lassana Coulibaly had great games fir Angers last season vs Monaco PSG and a few other good performances.

Its inevitable if the c●nts dont die they will over take us and itll be like it was 10 years ago 😣

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    There line up looks strong certainly stronger than ours! And that's with there 2 recent signings not in squad

Lassana Coulibaly had great games fir Angers last season vs Monaco PSG and a few other good performances.

Its inevitable if the c●nts dont die they will over take us and itll be like it was 10 years ago 😣
    If I was being super optimistic I’d say let’s wait & see what the squad & starting X1 looks like in 2 weeks.
    However as I said earlier I think any signings we make between now & then won’t be for the starting X1... with the possible exception of centre forward.

No McGinn in the Hibs squad tonight. That tells a story, however Celtic are trying to unsettle him and get him on the cheap. This is exactly how not to conduct business. Plus as good a player as McGinn is he's not the type of player to take Celtic to the next level.

We may be waiting for a chance to buy Christie? McInnes clearly rates him and let's be honest he's not getting game time at Celtic again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    We may be waiting for a chance to buy Christie? McInnes clearly rates him and let's be honest he's not getting game time at Celtic again this year.
    Milne wouldn’t let out the funds to buy Charlie Christie never mind Ryan Christie.

Page 226 of 530 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228236276326 ... LastLast