+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 281 of 530 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Exactly,he won’t have an option if it stays as is.

If we are going to sign anyone I would rather we signed a player who is going to be a first team pick although I guess it kind of makes sense to sign a right sided defender to cover Logan and Devlin.

I don’t think Ball is the answer for that,he done okay in defensive midfield during the split but was atrocious at right back in the semi so I can’t imagine him being any better as a centre back.
    If Ball signed I think he’d be Devlin’s back up (as well as Gleeson’s).
    Hoping to Christ he never plays RB as between him & Arnason it was embarrassing to watch in that semi final.
    If Ball signed it would (hopefully) be the end of this Nowak farce.
    Imo we’d still need cover at RB though, then the defence would be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If Ball signed I think he’d be Devlin’s back up (as well as Gleeson’s).
    Hoping to Christ he never plays RB as between him & Arnason it was embarrassing to watch in that semi final.
    If Ball signed it would (hopefully) be the end of this Nowak farce.
    Imo we’d still need cover at RB though, then the defence would be covered.
    If he can’t play at right back he isn’t going to be able to play at centre back.

If he can’t play at right back he isn’t going to be able to play at centre back.
    Not necessarily.
    He’s played CB manys a time
    He’s proved he can’t play RB

Not necessarily.
    He’s played CB manys a time
    He’s proved he can’t play RB
    Let’s be honest would you trust him to play centre back in a big game after his performance in the Semi Final at right back?

I wouldn’t.

Let’s be honest would you trust him to play centre back in a big game after his performance in the Semi Final at right back?

I wouldn’t.
    Possibly not.
    I guess what I’m saying is I don’t think we’d sign Ball, as well as cover at RB & CB.

Possibly not.
    I guess what I’m saying is I don’t think we’d sign Ball, as well as cover at RB & CB.
    Wasn’t he one of he players that mciness said wasn’t up to the standard after the cup game when speaking about last summer recruitment failure but yet he’s interested in him now. Does no one see the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Wasn’t he one of he players that mciness said wasn’t up to the standard after the cup game when speaking about last summer recruitment failure but yet he’s interested in him now. Does no one see the problem ?
    He wasn’t daft enough to name any individuals.
    He just said his recruitment hadn’t been good enough.
    Bizarrely not long after that game, when he was hooked (after 30 mins?) he played every game until the season end.
    But in defensive midfield.
    He was actually not bad in the last 5 games post split.

But as I’ve said earlier, him possibly re-signing is down to 1 of 2 things.

1) we’re clean out of ideas & options
    2) Gleeson is our medium/long term.

How many times have you seen them play to form this opinion?
    I have seen them all play...Forrester only the once I admit. As Basingstokered states why was such a talent let go for £200,000?
    Gleeson I haven’t seen that much of either but what I have seen there is nothing to convince me that he will be very decent. I really hope he proves me wrong as I genuinely want every player we sign to go and be extremely decent.
    Ferguson at the moment will be the pick of the bunch but he himself might only be a consistent player not this season coming but the next again.
    What I will say though is that Devlin will be decent from the off. I think him and McKenna could be very good together...just the left back to sort for the long term to provide us with a better defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    How many times do we have to hear that Peterborough rated Forrester as a multi million pound player but somehow managed to sell him to us for about £200,000
    It must be because Barry Fry has a lot of sympathy for us at Aberdeen. He realises we have one miserable chairman and as a football man himself he made sure that we got one of the English Leagues top talents for an absolute bargain price as he thinks this lad would be an absolute treat living life up in Scotland.
    Fair play to Barry Fry for being such a gentleman, he doesn’t seem such a bad guy after all.

I wouldn’t.
    Yes as he was excellent from the split onwards. He played the defensive midfield role well and his passing was also very good.

Happily take Ball back.

Page 281 of 530 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast