+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 298 of 530 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

I hope to fvck we've got someone decent lined up. McInnes has signed some absymal strikers over the past 4 years.

Thanks for everything Adam, probably our best centre forward since Gillhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    I’m fučkïñg gutted. HOWEVER....

Let’s take a deep breath and look at the facts.

We all knew he wasn’t the player he was. No pace. He has bulked up too much. His neck is the same size as his thighs.

One dimensional striker who had no chance of reaching the levels he had in previous seasons due to tactics changes and personnel (ie Hayes)

A recent legend and so sorry to see him goes.

HOWEVER if McInness does not have a replacement lined up then I fučkïñg give up as that’s just ridiculous.

Lucky to get top4 as things stand.
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Technically you could say we have never managed to replace Russel Anderson when he retired 3 years ago.

I hope we are not saying the same thing about Rooney in 3 years time.

A proper replacement for him is a must,not some guy who has no track record up here that has scored goals in league 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    I hope to fvck we've got someone decent lined up. McInnes has signed some absymal strikers over the past 4 years.

Thanks for everything Adam, probably our best centre forward since Gillhaus.
    A great player for us certainly, but I'd say since Gillhaus, Shearer and Dodds have been just as good as Rooney. Possibly Scott Booth too, and certainly Eoin Jess if you include him as a forward.

As far as goals go, probably the best since Shearer I'd say. Will be hard to replace. Hope McInnes has someone in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Technically you could say we have never managed to replace Russel Anderson when he retired 3 years ago.

I hope we are not saying the same thing about Rooney in 3 years time.

A proper replacement for him is a must,not some guy who has no track record up here that has scored goals in league 2.
    Prolific strikers are like hen's teeth. If we replace him in 3yrs time I'll be surprised.

Over the last couple of decades, we have had Shearer and to a lesser extent Stavrum and Vernon. Rooney had a better record than Shearer!

Goodwillie, Zola, Maynard, Stockley, Burns, Storey, Parker, Shankland...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Prolific strikers are like hen's teeth. If we replace him in 3yrs time I'll be surprised.

Over the last couple of decades, we have had Shearer and to a lesser extent Stavrum and Vernon. Rooney had a better record than Shearer!

Goodwillie, Zola, Maynard, Stockley, Burns, Storey, Parker, Shankland...
    Which makes the decision to let him go even more stupid.

McInnes better have a ace Striker up his sleeve with Rooney going otherwise we are going to be in big trouble

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    McInnes better have a ace Striker up his sleeve with Rooney going otherwise we are going to be in big trouble

BBC radio Scotland had it that Derek McInnes with a "heavy heart" announced the Rooney was away. Maybe he was forced to let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    BBC radio Scotland had it that Derek McInnes with a "heavy heart" announced the Rooney was away. Maybe he was forced to let him go?
    Milne had a heavy....

Wallet?

This whole episode does not inspire confidence

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    It was that c@nt that used him as bit part last season. Hes the one who got rid

Page 298 of 530 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast