+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 270 of 530 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Sit back and wait....relax.......10 days to the big time and we'll be ready. I think the new guys ( Gleeson and Forrester) will do a job and the younger ones ( Wright, Ferguson and Frank Ross) will impress. Admit that Stevie May and Cosgrove don't light my fire but there were signs (for me at least) that there is a combination there that can work....possibly with McGinn in there alternating with May. Still need a solid left back and goalie and we are short in depth but hey ho.......let's go!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    It's these kind of ridiculous extremes that makes footballing discussion so difficult on here. I'd say most would see that Cammy Smith and Laurence Shankland are better than the 2 you mention. Entitled to my opinion that I think we should have kept them, and understand many may not have. Time will tell how the lads do in their careers.
    Would have kept Cammy Smith but not Shankland he is Championship at best. Smith would have been a good squad player. Don’t think either would have been a starter week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    It's these kind of ridiculous extremes that makes footballing discussion so difficult on here. I'd say most would see that Cammy Smith and Laurence Shankland are better than the 2 you mention. Entitled to my opinion that I think we should have kept them, and understand many may not have. Time will tell how the lads do in their careers.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion,I just don’t understand why a few people have been posting that we shouldn’t have got rid of Shankland.He has scored a lot of goals in league 1 but so did Rory McAllister, I think they have found their level.

Cammy Smith might end up having a decent career in the SPFL but every time I saw him play I couldn’t see what the fuss was about.

From what I have seen so far of Dean Campbell he is a much better player than Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Sit back and wait....relax.......10 days to the big time and we'll be ready. I think the new guys ( Gleeson and Forrester) will do a job and the younger ones ( Wright, Ferguson and Frank Ross) will impress. Admit that Stevie May and Cosgrove don't light my fire but there were signs (for me at least) that there is a combination there that can work....possibly with McGinn in there alternating with May. Still need a solid left back and goalie and we are short in depth but hey ho.......let's go!
    At last ! Someone I can agree with!
    It's the 11 on the park that count. Hopefully Gleeson back soon. I've got a feeling that Forrester is going to be special particularly in giving us something different against the ar se cheeks. Ferguson will be a regular starter despite his tender years . Obviously need a bit of back up but first eleven is ok in my opinion bar a decent left back. Please play shinnie !

Cammy’s twin highlights were that MOTM performance when we beat Falkirk 5-0 in the 13-14 League Cup quarter final, and in the final itself, as a sub for Jonny Hayes in the first five minutes. I had high hopes for him, but he failed to match those heights, although he rarely started, and ended up filling a shirt rather than dominating games. Some players just plateau, and we’ve suffered a lot from the inability of promising kids to reach first team standards in recent years. Jamie Masson was playing for Cove yesterday. I remember when he was vying with Cammy for a starting midfield position, with Craig Brown even comparing him to Jim Bett.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Cammy’s twin highlights were that MOTM performance when we beat Falkirk 5-0 in the 13-14 League Cup quarter final, and in the final itself, as a sub for Jonny Hayes in the first five minutes. I had high hopes for him, but he failed to match those heights, although he rarely started, and ended up filling a shirt rather than dominating games. Some players just plateau, and we’ve suffered a lot from the inability of promising kids to reach first team standards in recent years. Jamie Masson was playing for Cove yesterday. I remember when he was vying with Cammy for a starting midfield position, with Craig Brown even comparing him to Jim Bett.
    Are we so desperate for signings that we are eulogising and pining for Lawrence Shankland?
    Dearie me.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    It would have to be Barry robson a proper man no one ever bullied Barry on the park we’ve got far to many nice people
    Good shout just a pity he was almost done. His and floods performance at parkhead when we beat them in the cup was a thing of beauty. Pale shadow of Jazzer but was the player closest we have had to him since .
    Hayes every time for me though

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Cammy was excellent at Tannadice the season we beat them on the 1st game of the season. I had high hopes bit ach well

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Cammy was excellent at Tannadice the season we beat them on the 1st game of the season. I had high hopes bit ach well
    Didn’t he get motm that day and his reward was being dropped

Getting rid of Rooney is football suicide ok he only got 11 goals in total last season, but how many games did he start, how many games was he punted out wide, May (5), Cosgrove (0), Maynard (0), is as poor a return from any forwards I have ever witnessed at Pittodrie, they make Mackie look like bloody Ronaldo.
    Play to Rooneys strengths and he will get near 20 a season. Even McGinn would be a better attacking option than May or Cosgrove.

Page 270 of 530 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast