+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 310 of 530 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Now that Rooney has left, when is DM signing a new left winger?....
    Don’t need one shinnie to left back considine to left midfield simple

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    McInnes won't be here by the time the new stadium is built IMO
    He might see the training complex.
    Happy for DM to go. Overstayed his welcome in my opinion. Has it too easy at AFC. Not being challenged by the board. Again imo. I can't understand the high regard for him by a sizeable section of the support. I will be delighted when he goes irrespective of the upgrade replacement brought in.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Happy for DM to go. Overstayed his welcome in my opinion. Has it too easy at AFC. Not being challenged by the board. Again imo. I can't understand the high regard for him by a sizeable section of the support. I will be delighted when he goes irrespective of the upgrade replacement brought in.
    Not necessarily overstayed his welcome but things change, ins and outs are part of football.

McInnes really needs to rethink how he approaches the transfer market ie He keeps such a tight lid on what's going on. All it does is piss off the fans as they think nothing is going. I would rather be told that we missed out on a really good player than wait weeks of nothing at all just to hear of a Dom Ball type singing. It's very deflating, at least the other way you would know they are trying there best to bring in players. It's not looking like a disaster of a season to come.....YET!! Get your **** together AFC and McInnes, you are f*****g off your fans

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not necessarily overstayed his welcome but things change, ins and outs are part of football.
    Disagree. After hoorin himself last summer it should have been see you. Rewarded with improved terms. I see laziness which is coming home to roost.

McInnes did seem quite frustrated in the press conference yesterday - probably through a combination of things, including the injuries we seem to have picked up, but also the disappointments in the transfer window so far.

I don't think it's all McInnes' fault - he's clearly identified a list of possible targets. Someone like Dom Ball obviously wasn't his number one target, but having failed to land his preferred option in that position he's maybe gone down the list as you would expect him to do.

I also don't think it's all the board or Milne's fault - we still have to operate within budget limitations and a wage structure. If the board release an extra £500K to spend on players on top of the existing budget, I honestly don't think it makes a huge amount of difference. This guy we're interested in from English League 2 can still pick up more money elsewhere and he clearly doesn't see the SPL as a step up. He just typifies the market we're in. Offering him an extra £500 a week, or sticking another £50-100K onto a transfer fee isn't going to swing the deal in 9/10 cases.

In my mind, this window has just brought home to us the reality of where we really are in the football pecking order. It's sad, frustrating and all the rest of it, but a few extra quid isn't going to fix it. The problem is wider than just AFC, it's the whole football landscape.

I do think we will bring in a couple of new faces before next Friday's game, but I'm not confident they will be much more than squad fillers in the Dom Ball category. I expect we might sign one or two more exciting names, but I get the feeling they will come towards the end of the window the way things seem to be going.

Having said all that, I hope I'm completely wrong and we unveil some quality signings in the next week and McInnes has been bluffing all the way along!

Going by all the bits and bobs picked up from various interviews over the past week or so I think it's safe to say that we're out to spend a fair bit of cash on a striker. I just don't think our board are that good at conducting the process.

Get the feeling they have hedged all their bets on this marquis guy and now don't really know what to do after the third bid has been rejected. Quite amateurish really.

Having said that, if they succeed and manage to get him and this right sided defender DM talked about I would be content.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Disagree. After hoorin himself last summer it should have been see you. Rewarded with improved terms. I see laziness which is coming home to roost.
    I know I’m in a minority here but I think him flashing his knickers to the Huns the same week we lost to the Huns twice, was every bit as embarrassing as the 9-0, signing a rapist, winning the loving Cup & making Ricky Foster capt

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I know I’m in a minority here but I think him flashing his knickers to the Huns the same week we lost to the Huns twice, was every bit as embarrassing as the 9-0, signing a rapist, winning the loving Cup & making Ricky Foster capt
    Don't you just love being an Aberdeen fan at times 😩

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    Don't you just love being an Aberdeen fan at times 😩
    I know I like the occasional grumble but I’m the easiest AFC fan in the world to keep happy.

Play at Pittodrie, play in our colours, stop the class warfare on the fans, don’t sign *** cases, don’t bend over backwards to accommodate the OF & I’d be pretty happy regardless of what’s happening on the pitch

Chase Milne and that would solve a few problems straight away

Page 310 of 530 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast