+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 443 of 530 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,430 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think Stewart would be a useful addition as a squad player, given our depth, but the problem is his not got the place to play wide, so really can only play in the hole.
    We seem covered in there
    If Stewart comes back (he won't) then it would be out of sheer desperation.

I wouldn’t be too bothered if Stewart came back, after all he had a good game at Parkhead at the end of last season

Whether he does or not I hope we sign someone this week,imo important game coming up next Saturday the League cup is actually a trophy we can win.

I would easily take finishing 6th if we won either of the cups over finishing 2nd all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I wouldn’t be too bothered if Stewart came back, after all he had a good game at Parkhead at the end of last season

Whether he does or not I hope we sign someone this week,imo important game coming up next Saturday the League cup is actually a trophy we can win.

I would easily take finishing 6th if we won either of the cups over finishing 2nd all day long.
    I don’t want Greg Stewart at all.
    We’re too one paced as it is.
    We need 3 players.
    - A right winger in the style of Boyle at Hibs, a fast player that can get you up the pitch as a “ball carrier.
    - Ideally a no 10.
    - a first pick no 9.

I’m not sure we need to sign a defender - once they’re all available we have enough.

If we don’t get at least two of the three, it’s going to be a long tedious season of 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 type games.
    Let’s be honest, we were a bit lucky yesterday.
    And the type of game we saw yesterday will be fairly common if we don’t sign 2 or 3 good players, not squad fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don’t want Greg Stewart at all.
    We’re too one paced as it is.
    We need 3 players.
    - A right winger in the style of Boyle at Hibs, a fast player that can get you up the pitch as a “ball carrier.
    - Ideally a no 10.
    - a first pick no 9.

I’m not sure we need to sign a defender - once they’re all available we have enough.

If we don’t get at least two of the three, it’s going to be a long tedious season of 1-0, 0-0, 1-1 type games.
    Let’s be honest, we were a bit lucky yesterday.
    And the type of game we saw yesterday will be fairly common if we don’t sign 2 or 3 good players, not squad fillers.
    No chance we are getting 3 players.

1 permanent and 1 on loan if we are lucky.

I agree.
    If that’s the case, then maybe the positive will be that we’ll see if the likes of Wright & Ross are up to it.
    Make or break season for both.
    Now both 21(?) so plenty old enough.
    If it’s just 2, then a no 9 & a right winger for me.
    We can’t rely on McGinn & GMS for 45 games a season (for consistency or fitness).

I'm getting to the point where I would rather we just said " that's it" and worked with what we have.

Better than taking in s'hite and squeezing it into the starting line up.

Unless McInnes thinks there's a chance of going back in for Moult then we will be going for our 6th choice striker. ( or whatever)

There's a fair chance that our 2nd choice wasn't that good.

What’s that you say? Only 1 permanent despite all the DNA money and the Rooney transfer fee. I’m stunned! Where could all of the money have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'm getting to the point where I would rather we just said " that's it" and worked with what we have.

Better than taking in s'hite and squeezing it into the starting line up.

Unless McInnes thinks there's a chance of going back in for Moult then we will be going for our 6th choice striker. ( or whatever)

There's a fair chance that our 2nd choice wasn't that good.
    I reserve judgement on that until I see who we bring in.
    We can’t possibly go through the season with a young untried striker & 2 others that would jump in to a barrel of f@nnies & come out sucking their thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    What’s that you say? Only 1 permanent despite all the DNA money and the Rooney transfer fee. I’m stunned! Where could all of the money have gone.
    The chairman’s back pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Fightingtalk View Post
    Most of the DNA money will be paid through monthly instalments over the season so it isn't there this window. As for the Rooney fee there's no excuses. You'd like to think its getting spent on a striker before the deadlines up

Page 443 of 530 FirstFirst ... 343393433441442443444445453493 ... LastLast