+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 530 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

2018 Summer recruitment

Thinking ahead to the squad we will have, which areas do you think we need to replace and if you have any thoughts on who we could go for?

Leaving the club are as follows: -

Midfielder - Ryan Christie (end of loan - Celtic)
    Midfielder - Kenny McLean (end of loan - Norwich)
    Midfielder - Chidiebere Nwakali (end of loan - Man City)
    Goalkeeper - Freddie Woodman (end of Loan - Newcastle)
    Forward - Nicky Maynard
    Defender - Anthony O'Connor
    Goalkeeper - Danny Rogers
    Defender - Dominic Ball

So as a minimum: -
    2 Goalkeepers out (need to replace 1)
    2 Defenders out (already have one replacement in waiting through Micky Devlin, although we all would like to try and improve our LB area)
    3 Midfielders out
    1 forward out (Possibly excess given we took in May after Maynard signed)

To kick it off with players we know.
    the only out of contract players from the Scottish Premiership I would consider is: -

Youssouf Mulumbu - Defensive Midfield, but may be likely to want to head back down south.
    Jason Naismith - Right-Back, could give some decent competition for Shay Logan
    Alex Schalk - Striker, but a risk of being anothe rMiles Storey
    Dylan McGeouch - Attacking Midfield, can be injury prone and likely to be out of our price range and reported he would like to try down south

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Thinking ahead to the squad we will have, which areas do you think we need to replace and if you have any thoughts on who we could go for?

Forward - Nicky Maynard
    Defender - Dominic Ball

2 Defenders out (already have one replacement in waiting through Micky Devlin, although we all would like to try and improve our LB area)
    3 Midfielders out

A major rebuilding job required. I honestly don’t think he will try for a new left back as he like Considine and has a vast amount of players to replace.

Don’t be surprised if McInnes goes out his way to keep O’Connor and Stewart. Christie won’t be back unless Celtic take pity on us and realise he won’t be playing for them at all anyway.
    I don’t mind Christie but I hate the system that allows loans in the same league as it is somewhat corrupt.

I don't hold out much hope for our team being as good as it is now. The change needed is immense and I don't trust the club to get it right.

No chance of LB being brought in I agree. McAnus is too stubborn to think we need one and it gives him and the "scouts" more hassle than they want

Hopefully GMS and May step up and Devlin turns oot to be a gem. That would help big time

Forward - Nicky Maynard
    Defender - Dominic Ball

3 Midfielders out
    You missed out Arnason & Stewart?

Also don’t be surprised to see Reynolds released.

And if we get what Milne sees as a good offer for McKenna, then he could be gone too.

Too hard to say & too early to say.

And as I’ve eluded to in another thread god help us if Russ Richardson’s wee black book is the place we’re shopping from!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Don’t be surprised if McInnes goes out his way to keep O’Connor and Stewart. Christie won’t be back unless Celtic take pity on us and realise he won’t be playing for them at all anyway.
    I don’t mind Christie but I hate the system that allows loans in the same league as it is somewhat corrupt.
    I do worry you could be right about O'Connor. Stewart might be okay if we can get him fit at start of season but would be a risk of sorts because unless he improves on this year then it doesn't move us forwards.

I think we would only take Christie back if it was on a permanent deal and to be honest I am cooling on that idea given his form since xmas. Frankly he doesn't deserve to even be in our team at the moment so he has next to no chance of getting anywhere close to the Celtic team

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I do worry you could be right about O'Connor. Stewart might be okay if we can get him fit at start of season but would be a risk of sorts because unless he improves on this year then it doesn't move us forwards.

I think we would only take Christie back if it was on a permanent deal and to be honest I am cooling on that idea given his form since xmas. Frankly he doesn't deserve to even be in our team at the moment so he has next to no chance of getting anywhere close to the Celtic team
    I wouldn't mind us signing Stewart as there are enough signs there he could be good and getting him a full pre-season could reap rewards.

Christie won't be back to Aberdeen. I reckon he'll be sold to the championship

I wouldn't mind us signing Stewart as there are enough signs there he could be good and getting him a full pre-season could reap rewards.
    He got a full pre season as he signed mid june did he not

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He got a full pre season as he signed mid june did he not
    Not quite.
    Aberdeen had been back for 2 or 3 weeks before he arrived.

I just reckon a full pre-season and 2nd season benefit (like Hayes) and we'll see a better output from him.

As I said, he's shown enough in games to be a valuable member of the squad.

Page 1 of 530 1231151101501 ... LastLast