+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I’m not hugely bothered or surprised if Adam Rooney leaves.
    He’s been a great signing & we’ll always be grateful for the best part of 100 goals.
    Maybe it is time for him to go.
    He’s not been as effective for a while.

However, I’ll caveat that by saying we HAVE to sign a replacement that is at least as good otherwise it’s lunacy as neither Cosgrove or May have done anything to suggest they’ll be half as prolific.
    I reckon if Cosgrove played all 38 league games, he’d be lucky to get 6 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m not hugely bothered or surprised if Adam Rooney leaves.
    He’s been a great signing & we’ll always be grateful for the best part of 100 goals.
    Maybe it is time for him to go.
    He’s not been as effective for a while.

However, I’ll caveat that by saying we HAVE to sign a replacement that is at least as good otherwise it’s lunacy as neither Cosgrove or May have done anything to suggest they’ll be half as prolific.
    I reckon if Cosgrove played all 38 league games, he’d be lucky to get 6 goals.
    If Rooney is sold before we even get anyone in I'll go tonto

Rooney is a great striker to have if hes playing every week,lbut hes an expensive player o just have sitting on the bench to bring on for 15/20 minutes, might be better to move him on and promote a striker from under 20's to be a bench filler, I would hope that May and Cosgrove can settle in this season and become 20+ goals a season each. It seems a big ask but you can never tell what the next season will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Rooney is a great striker to have if hes playing every week,lbut hes an expensive player o just have sitting on the bench to bring on for 15/20 minutes, might be better to move him on and promote a striker from under 20's to be a bench filler, I would hope that May and Cosgrove can settle in this season and become 20+ goals a season each. It seems a big ask but you can never tell what the next season will bring.
    You for real min?

Rooney is not an impact player.
    Barely remember him affecting a game coming off the bench

May & Cosgrove won’t get 20 BETWEEN them.
    Cosgrove has scored ONE professional goal.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    May & Cosgrove won’t get 20 BETWEEN them.
    Cosgrove has scored ONE professional goal.
    I stand corrected, one goal in senior football is hardly inspiring stuff, just checked Stevie Mays record and he has a goal about every 3 games.
    That would be a decent return if we were playing two up front and the other striker was more prolific with maybe a goal every two games.
    The question that should be asked is why the hell did we sign Cosgrove, Considine has scored more than him so we might as well put him up front.
    Even Marc De Clerck scored a goal for Aberdeen, thats one for the youngsters on here to scratch their heads and go "fa the **** is he"
    Last edited by seeyazander; 14-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.

Remember the good old days before Rooney, where Calderwood would set all his strikers a target of 20 goals between them? Or Darren Mackie starting every season saying he’d step up and score a few?

They were great times.