+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 63 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

I like a few posters enthusiasm of our prospects of our tooling up for the new season. The players mentioned so far don’t fill me with the same confidence but it is still early doors.
    Is O’Connor away yet? Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I like a few posters enthusiasm of our prospects of our tooling up for the new season. The players mentioned so far don’t fill me with the same confidence but it is still early doors.
    Is O’Connor away yet? Hope so.
    The positivity continues on aberdeenmad

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    900K? Where on earth could they possibly pluck that figure from? If the tribunal come up with a figure even remotely close to that then there should be no question of us keeping him. Close to a million for nothing more than a prospect that has achieved little so far. McKenna must be worth billions.
    We would hopefully do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I am being truthful. I have been wrong before about how we will get on. How do you think we will get on next season and do you think we will win anything? I reckon we will be out of Europe after a couple of qualifiers, win hee haw cup wise but in a positive spin we will be top six.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    900K? Where on earth could they possibly pluck that figure from? If the tribunal come up with a figure even remotely close to that then there should be no question of us keeping him. Close to a million for nothing more than a prospect that has achieved little so far. McKenna must be worth billions.
    I recall reading somewhere that nowadays the tribunal assess each clubs valuation and decide which is the most realistic.
    Not sure if true or not but surely our offer is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I will keep the positivity going and the consistency. I am 100% confident that any signings brought in by the "wonderful" DM will be less than mediocre and bang average sh1te
    Last chance saloon here DM go on out there and prove me a load of other dons fans wrong, but I really doubt that he has got it in him.
    End of the road must be in sight surely to fk......

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    I will keep the positivity going and the consistency. I am 100% confident that any signings brought in by the "wonderful" DM will be less than mediocre and bang average sh1te
    Last chance saloon here DM go on out there and prove me a load of other dons fans wrong, but I really doubt that he has got it in him.

SF
    sums this website up perfectly. f#ck me, i think there is more positivity on arabmad!

Does anyone know if Ferguson is even worth the 100K we are likely to pay in compensation? Never seen the lad play!

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

SF
    Whats your expectations on signings?
    Who should the club go for?

I think this is a crucial, but very tough window for AFC.

Crucial because I expect Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Kilmarnock & Hearts to all improve their squads over the summer (although Hibs may struggle if a number of their top players leave).

Tough because we've reached a point where we need really good quality players coming in to improve on the position we've got to (particularly with other teams around us inevitably improving). Tough also because there are no real obvious targets - even us fans are struggling to pinpoint realistic, but good enough signings. Obviously McInnes and his team are better qualified to do it than us, but the names that we're being linked with are names we've not heard of. That isn't surprising though, as we can't name any realistic targets ourselves!

Replacing McLean is going to be very very difficult in my opinion - real quality player who took a couple of seasons to develop to where he is now, but whoever comes in to replace him hasn't got that couple of seasons, they need to be at that level now. Someone like McGeouch or even Scott Allan would be about that level, but not sure how realistic either of them are.

Page 63 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast