+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Not a chance we'll cave in for McKenna. Club is financially astute and secure, he is a HUGE and extremely valuable commodity for Aberdeen. There is a derth of top quality centre half's the world over.

We have a huge asset on our hands. McInnes and Milne will both know that.
    Slow down, he's miles from a top quality centre half. He's a loon who has came onto a game when only recently he couldn't get a start at Ayr United. Good luck to him and I think we'd bite at 2M, but top quality, come on. He'll hopeful kick on.

Would Like to see Mckenna stay for 1 more season then if we have to sell him on for 3M

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    So, let me gets this right. If you are a positive type of supporter, confident that we had the necessary tools in the box at the end of last season to finish ahead of Hibs and Sevco, that’s make you a happy clapper **? And if you reckon Milne wouldn’t fold at an offer of £1.5m of McKenna, that also makes you a happy clapper **?

** Definition of happy clapper being somebody who clapps at any old sh1te, irrespective of what the quality is? Someone who thinks the manager, for example, can do wrong?

Listen, I’m still ragin’ at that semi-final performance v Well, plus the League Cup quarter performance v the same team. Both performances can we directed to our manager’s door, due mainly to poor transfer recruitment, which could be put down to his head being turned by managerial offers, around about the transfer window times. I also think we should have made the Europa League groups stages at least once, out of 4 attempts.

But, we are where we are. DM ain’t going anywhere soon, whether we like it or not. Me, I sense a renewed vigour from our manager, and would prefer him to stay and have one last go at it, and am hopeful and confident that we will have a decent summer transfer window that can set us up for a good season next up, irrespective of how Sevco perform.

And that’s not feckin’ happy clappin’, its realism borne out of common sense.
    Realism/sense........nah, your on the wrong board min.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Not a chance we'll cave in for McKenna. Club is financially astute and secure, he is a HUGE and extremely valuable commodity for Aberdeen. There is a derth of top quality centre half's the world over.

We have a huge asset on our hands. McInnes and Milne will both know that.
    And as I said in an earlier post, McInnes and Milne deserve praise for tying McKenna up until 2023. Hopefully they recognise the value of McKenna so if and when the time comes to sell, we get a very good price for him.

Also, given that we have done consistently well in the league and have consistently qualified for Europe (unlike when Fraser was here), hopefully this will make McKenna want to hang around for a while.

And hopefully Andy Robertson's success at Liverpool will make Scott realise that there are opportunities to go to the top (or close to it) in the EPL and he doesn't necessarily need to move if more mid table Championship teams are the next to come calling.

Hamilton playing hardball over compensation for Feguson? Seems like it's going to that tribunal thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Listen, I’m still ragin’ at that semi-final performance v Well, plus the League Cup quarter performance v the same team. Both performances can we directed to our manager’s door, due mainly to poor transfer recruitment, which could be put down to his head being turned by managerial offers, around about the transfer window times. I also think we should have made the Europa League groups stages at least once, out of 4
    You obviously understand why McInnes has a few doubters now. It took a while though.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Hamilton playing hardball over compensation for Feguson? Seems like it's going to that tribunal thingy.
    I seen that on the news. They are looking for £900,000 and we have offered £100,000. I reckon we are probably not that far off with what we have offered.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I seen that on the news. They are looking for £900,000 and we have offered £100,000. I reckon we are probably not that far off with what we have offered.
    They shouldn’t worry. I heard a Nigerian Prince has died & left them £320m. The guy sorting out the will just needs their bank details to transfer the cash

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    900K? Where on earth could they possibly pluck that figure from? If the tribunal come up with a figure even remotely close to that then there should be no question of us keeping him. Close to a million for nothing more than a prospect that has achieved little so far. McKenna must be worth billions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    They shouldn’t worry. I heard a Nigerian Prince has died & left them £320m. The guy sorting out the will just needs their bank details to transfer the cash
    Lol. They have more chance of getting the £320m from a Nigerian Prince than they have of getting £900,000 from Stewart Milne.

Page 62 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast