+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 227 of 530 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    There line up looks strong certainly stronger than ours! And that's with there 2 recent signings not in squad

Lassana Coulibaly had great games fir Angers last season vs Monaco PSG and a few other good performances.

Its inevitable if the c●nts dont die they will over take us and itll be like it was 10 years ago ��
    Do you watch Angers often then? I struggle to imagine how anyone on here could know how a cheap signing at a crap French team was performing on a weekly basis.

According to Soccerbase he never played at all v's Monaco last season and against PSG he was a sub in one match and was subbed in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    No McGinn in the Hibs squad tonight. That tells a story, however Celtic are trying to unsettle him and get him on the cheap. This is exactly how not to conduct business. Plus as good a player as McGinn is he's not the type of player to take Celtic to the next level.

We may be waiting for a chance to buy Christie? McInnes clearly rates him and let's be honest he's not getting game time at Celtic again this year.
    We’ve got £250k. That won’t be near enough

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Milne wouldn’t let out the funds to buy Charlie Christie never mind Ryan Christie.
    Ryan Christie or Scott Allan would do, can’t see Celtic expected more than £400k for either of them.

Ryan Jack isn’t going to get a look in at rangers this season... Jonny Hayes isn’t going to get a look in at Celtic - can’t imagine either club would expect more than £500k for either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We’ve got £250k. That won’t be near enough
    There is always a deal to be done. Installments, forfeit part of the Hayes money if it wasn't paid up in full. If Christie is available I'd like to think McInnes has already spoken to him and gauged his interest.

Maybe he'd rather go down south for more money I don't know.

There is always a deal to be done. Installments, forfeit part of the Hayes money if it wasn't paid up in full. If Christie is available I'd like to think McInnes has already spoken to him and gauged his interest.

Doubt it’ll happen.
    After 18 months here he’d maybe want something different?

Also, Looking at the squad, is a “10” priority?
    Right back
    Right centre half
    Right wing
    Striker

I'd certainly think McInnes will be interested in Hayes, Christie, Allan and Morgan and especially the first two.

It might explain our lack of activity if two of our signings are planned to be Hayes and Christie. Celtic could well be waiting for their four world cup players to return from holiday and for them to get a signing or two through the door themselves.

We may be waiting for a chance to buy Christie? McInnes clearly rates him and let's be honest he's not getting game time at Celtic again this year.
    Whilst not being averse to the return of Christie, any available dough should be directed towards glaring gaps in our squad - right back/centre back, left back, right wing and striker. Christie would duplicate Forrester by the sounds of it, when McGinn or Wright (better in a more central area than as a winger, IMHO) could already fill in the abscene of Forrester, if needed.

In this fictional happy clapper v pant p1sher argument, I tend to tick the former box, but even I'm scratching my head at DMs current (apparent lack of) transfer strategy. The Danny Rodgers situation is clean off the top shelf, as is the apparent inability to have sourced a right back/centre half, when he's had ages to sort it out. Then he goes against all previous policy and takes in a trialist, and a sh1te one at that.

Pants are dry, though
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 12-07-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Doubt it’ll happen.
    After 18 months here he’d maybe want something different?

Also, Looking at the squad, is a “10” priority?
    Right back
    Right centre half
    Right wing
    Striker
    A winger is a huge priority. GMS/Wright never play 90 minutes and DM wouldn't be happy to go with Wright for 10 games in a row if McGinn or GMS were injured.

Big, big question mark over Hayes after that injury and with all the shite before it and the way Lawell played hardball over GMS then I'd say no thanks but now it's getting to the point where I'd take him back. That's not because I think it would be great but because we desperately need players in and having someone we know is safer than what I'm excpecting we get.

Hayes would be a great player for us to pick up due to his versatility. In the 4-2-3-1 he has played every position for us other than goalie and centre half.

Page 227 of 530 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast