+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I might be wrong here but wasn’t Tansey one of the few bright spots for ICT when they got relegated last year?

I think we are beginning to scrape the bottom of the barrel with Ross County and Inverness players,we have signed most of ICTs best players at one time or another and the well is dry.
    Yup, you are wrong there Rico. Tansey was widely derided by the ICT fans for his entire last season. They were happy to see him off.

McInnes signed Tansey based on his form in 2015 when ICT and Tansey peaked. The January 2016 deal to sign him fell through but McInnes persisted in his pursuit until he snared him on the pre-contract in 2017. It was a bad misjudgement because he was mostly rotten between times (and beyond).
    Last edited by bpdon; 15-05-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Yup, you are wrong there Rico. Tansey was widely derided by the ICT fans for his entire last season. They were happy to see him off.

McInnes signed Tansey based on his form in 2015 when ICT and Tansey peaked. The January 2016 deal to sign him fell through but McInnes persisted in his pursuit until he snared him on the pre-contract in 2017. It was a bad misjudgement because he was mostly rotten between times (and beyond).
    Fair enough, I still think Naismith or any other County players won’t improve us.

He might be a good back up /competition for Logan but McInnes is going to pick Logan over him most weeks and as someone else said we would be better spending our budget elsewhere rather than on a back up right back.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Nothing personal against Jason Naismith but let’s just admit he isn’t what we are necessarily needing during this transfer window.
    Ryan Harrington who plays in the youth team should be promoted when necessary to gain experience instead of wasting transfer funds (budget) on a very mediocre player. We moan that not enough youth gets the chance at times so I suggest we give the lad a bit 1st team experience when and if the right back position needs covered.
    He's a player who has stood out when we've played county. He's a player that I think will challenge Shay and I mean a serious challenge. Shay was pee poor this season bar a couple of good games and an absolute blinder at Celtic Park on Sunday. Competition may be what he requires.

Also we shoe horned Ball into right back against Well in the cup and took a dooing for it. Having a genuine quality replacement to step into the role is only a positive in my opinion.

Also with McGinn going to be injured about 50% of the time due to his plastic groin I can see Shay being utilised further up the park more often due to his pace, engine and crossing ability.

We shall just have to wait and see what transpires but I wouldn't be disappointed in Naismith coming on board.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Fair enough, I still think Naismith or any other County players won’t improve us.

He might be a good back up /competition for Logan but McInnes is going to pick Logan over him most weeks and as someone else said we would be better spending our budget elsewhere rather than on a back up right back.
    Aye, I'm in agreement with you and RedJohn on that - we have a limited budget so it needs used wisely. I was only playing devil's advocate on the views that Naismith is mediocre.

I think Naismith is decent by the standards in our league. At 23 he has age on his side. But I'm not convinced he would be more than a very incremental improvement on what we already have at right back (assuming Logan is staying and can maintain/return to form).

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    Aye, I'm in agreement with you and RedJohn on that - we have a limited budget so it needs used wisely. I was only playing devil's advocate on the views that Naismith is mediocre.

I think Naismith is decent by the standards in our league. At 23 he has age on his side. But I'm not convinced he would be more than a very incremental improvement on what we already have at right back (assuming Logan is staying and can maintain/return to form).

I would rather our ex player O Donnell from Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    Fit's Alan Gow up to these days?
    He'll sign as soon as Stuart Baxter takes over from McInness

Surprised no moves been made for O Donnell. He’s a 1st team starter for us at rb imo.

Naismith is a better player than O’Donnell, always impressed with Naismith when i see him and the least amount of goals conceded for County was down the right hand side and most chances created were from the right side. Logan had a poor season up until the split but has been more like Logan of old lately, he will also likely miss the start of the season as sfa corrupt. We need quality in depth and this would be a brilliant signing. Would walk into every other team in league except maybe Tims even though Lustig is horse****

See Kari Arnason has gone back to his 2nd Home Viking FC in Iceland must be his retirement club good luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Naismith is a better player than O’Donnell, always impressed with Naismith when i see him and the least amount of goals conceded for County was down the right hand side and most chances created were from the right side. Logan had a poor season up until the split but has been more like Logan of old lately, he will also likely miss the start of the season as sfa corrupt. We need quality in depth and this would be a brilliant signing. Would walk into every other team in league except maybe Tims even though Lustig is horse****
    Sounds like Naismith is going to cost us a fee

Page 24 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast