+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    League placing clearly isn’t meaningless. Obviously winning a cup would be fantastic but for a club like AFC it should be the icing on a successful season. Finishing 8th and fluking a cup wouldn’t be quite the same (although I would clearly have taken it in the past when we were sh*te).
    You can’t have a successful season without winning anything. I’d take 8th & a cup every single year

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You can’t have a successful season without winning anything. I’d take 8th & a cup every single year
    Not going to play semantics; “good” / “successful” / “not bad”; take your pick. You can define failure as any season in which we don’t win a cup but that means most seasons will end in failure.

No team would ever finish 8th and win the cup every season because mediocre teams only win cups due to a combination of luck and playing well at the right time. So you can file that one under a pointless hypothetical.

League performance is the platform for everything else. That is blatantly obvious.

And this isn’t a defence of McInnes for the avoidance of doubt. Winning the Scottish Cup in a five year period in which the club has finished 3-2-2-2-2 is a reasonable expectation. Certainly we should have reached more than one final.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 20-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.

I would agree with Red Zone. Bringing in Gerrard is a panic move by the Glib and Shamless Lair. its only to try and sell on season tickets.
    His wages alone will wipe them out never mind the journey men they bring in. Remember Barton lasted a few weeks !
    I am not concerned to much about them there hopeless they only raise there game when we play them and we unfortunately last season give them as many points as we can
    The worry is our recruitment. DM has a very difficult task with the budget he has given.
    Bearing in mind the turnover in the last years since his arrival has doubled I believe the board should back him. A couple of million would help.
    Dave McCormack dig deep son its only money are your minted failing that put 40 million in the stadium kitty - you can afford it
    just imagine its going to one of your favourite charities you support.
    The Dons support are buying the season tickets , the Dons support are inputting cash through the ABERDNA, merchandise .
    We the fans always seem keener than the board to commit funding than they do.
    I don't expect us to run the Newco at the risk the way Newco do, but the board must do better all the last few years work and position will be wasted

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    I would agree with Red Zone. Bringing in Gerrard is a panic move by the Glib and Shamless Lair. its only to try and sell on season tickets.
    His wages alone will wipe them out never mind the journey men they bring in. Remember Barton lasted a few weeks !
    I am not concerned to much about them there hopeless they only raise there game when we play them and we unfortunately last season give them as many points as we can
    The worry is our recruitment. DM has a very difficult task with the budget he has given.
    Bearing in mind the turnover in the last years since his arrival has doubled I believe the board should back him. A couple of million would help.
    Dave McCormack dig deep son its only money are your minted failing that put 40 million in the stadium kitty - you can afford it
    The Dons support are buying the season tickets , the Dons support are inputting cash through the ABERDNA, merchandise .
    I don't expect us to run the Newco at the risk the way Newco do, but the board must do better all the last few years work and position will be wasted

There isn't any point on trying to splash the cash, there will come a time where Newco will consistently be better than us over a season. That is a simple fact and the sooner we all grasp that the sooner we will realise that spun#ing cash trying to keep up with them will suck us into debt. Quite simply the board won't let that happen again. If Newco want to splash the cash in shear desperation to prevent Celtic winning 10 in a row then let them do it and hopefully it will be hilarious watching them make a right t#t of it in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    You say Gerrard’s wage alone will “wipe them out”.
    It won’t.
    We’ve been hearing this “tick tock” nonsense ever since SEVCO were formed 6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You say Gerrard’s wage alone will “wipe them out”.
    It won’t.
    We’ve been hearing this “tick tock” nonsense ever since SEVCO were formed 6 years ago.
    I'm not saying they will go to the wall again, however they completed last season surviving on loans and hand outs. They still owe the Easdale's over £3 million for their shares, Close Brothers short term loan is almost up, they haven't paid Hamilton (can't confirm if that is true or not) for Docherty. The current wage bill is already above their income and only Kenny Miller is out of contract.

If they keep plunging further into debt it's gonna get very very interesting.

i wouldn't be surprised if we went for Kenny Miller

I`ll see your 8th and a Cup , and raise you 2nd in League and a Cup every other year.

And US shouting louder to Deek that we are not happy with second . ( As wth that wonderful hindsight , this season a couple of bigger balls-out effort against both Cheeks would have put us in a title race....I mean a nil-nil with Partick doesn`t look too great now does it ?!! )

( Aye , juist got back from 2 weeks in States. Crap to have missed the last two games of season. But eckin` Ell !!! What a finish !!! )

I’d take 8th & a cup every single year
    Rarely agree with you Mason, but I'll make a concession for this!

Ive said it for long enough too. Hypothetically id take trophies and sh@te league position over 2nd, papped out of europe by the schools going back and watching copious teams outside the cheeks winning cups

Page 34 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast