+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 508 of 530 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    These loans are going to become too ƒucking disruptive AGAIN, especially if Gauld signs today which I expect.

How many loans will that be then, 5?
    jeez!

Lowe
    Gauld
    Hoban
    Wilson
    Ball
    I don't think Gauld will join.

But to answer your point, also worth noting that Hoban & Lowe are only with us until January.
    How flexible Watford & Derby would be about extending that until May will depend on how they are doing I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Gauld was a tremendous prospect when he came through at Dundee Utd and left for Sporting Lisbon. Left for £3m as a ****ager and they put a £45m release clause or something into his contract if I remember right?! Technically very good, creative, an eye for goal etc. That was about 4 years ago though. No doubt he will have developed technically during his time away, but I don't know how much football he's played in that time. Similar style to Christie and plays a similar position but maybe with a little less aggression than Christie.
    I barely remember Gauld doing anything of note in various games against us, when the DABS were hailed as some kind of all conquering, total football team.
    The Matalan Catalans is how I remembered that team.
    I've no doubt he's a talented player, but always thought he was a bit over-rated - but that opinion was based on about half a dozen games against us, where invariably Flood, Robson & Pawlett usually had the better of their midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Lowe signed til January, strange its only til then but welcome aboard
    Very strange that it's only for half a season, just WTF is it with loans.
    So is there going to be that "special" signing before the window closes or has all the DNA cash been splashed out on 6000 Fridge magnets oh and Forrester (who DM clearly does not think is good enough anymore)
    Welcome to pittodrie and all that Max and all the best.

Really underwhelmed with this p1ss poor transfer window.
    Devlin was signed in January but does look solid.
    Ferguson was signed on a pre contract also in January and does look promising and good.
    But as for actual activity in this window i guess the best of a mediocre bunch might be Ball (a loan) nae huddin ma breath that Wilson or any of the rest of them are going to be anything special

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Gauld was a tremendous prospect when he came through at Dundee Utd and left for Sporting Lisbon. Left for £3m as a ****ager and they put a £45m release clause or something into his contract if I remember right?! Technically very good, creative, an eye for goal etc. That was about 4 years ago though. No doubt he will have developed technically during his time away, but I don't know how much football he's played in that time. Similar style to Christie and plays a similar position but maybe with a little less aggression than Christie.
    less agression than Christie, jesus min i find that hard to believe

rowe signs

maybe this will allow the favourite whipping boy too continue to play or back up as favoured position WHICH IS CENTRAL DEFENCE , if rowe plays regularly and well it will clearly show what we require .
    i still have some hope for a final signing, if IT IS INDEED gault that will be touted as the marquee signing courtesy of dna
    Last edited by redtaz; 30-08-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: CLARIFING

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I don't think Gauld will join.

But to answer your point, also worth noting that Hoban & Lowe are only with us until January.
    How flexible Watford & Derby would be about extending that until May will depend on how they are doing I suppose.
    I will repeat Hoban is here until the end of the season.

Watford have the option of recalling him in January but considering they have 13 defenders in their squad I can’t see them doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I barely remember Gauld doing anything of note in various games against us, when the DABS were hailed as some kind of all conquering, total football team.
    The Matalan Catalans is how I remembered that team.
    I've no doubt he's a talented player, but always thought he was a bit over-rated - but that opinion was based on about half a dozen games against us, where invariably Flood, Robson & Pawlett usually had the better of their midfield

Thing is, your subliminally suggesting that the scouts at Sporting as at the same standard as Russ Richardson...which cannot be remotely conceivable.

So where are we now in terms of a best 11?

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Gleeson GMS
    Wilson

Anderson
    May
    Ross
    Wright
    Hoban
    Reynolds
    Campbell
    Considine

i wont include Forrester or Cosgrove for obvious reasons.

Cant See Gauld Joining would be nice tho !

McInnes just said there is nothing in the Ryan Gauld story and that the squad is done for the window......

Page 508 of 530 FirstFirst ... 8408458498506507508509510518 ... LastLast