+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Hope there’s another strong addition on top of McG if Shinnie is going to left-back. Can’t see it. McGeough signing would be a coup - but would likely lead to a Dominic Ball signing in the form of the other holding midfielder. Which will leave us without a deep lying playmaker or no.10.

Christie permanent transfer and Jonny back on loan. Conclude the Naismith deal and we’ll be good to go assuming Moult season loan is in there too.

**** second - let’s expose Celts for the pish they are.

Hope there’s another strong addition on top of McG if Shinnie is going to left-back. Can’t see it. McGeough signing would be a coup - but would likely lead to a Dominic Ball signing in the form of the other holding midfielder. Which will leave us without a deep lying playmaker or no.10.

Christie permanent transfer and Jonny back on loan. Conclude the Naismith deal and we’ll be good to go assuming Moult season loan is in there too.

**** second - let’s expose Celts for the pish they are and a petition to get the stripes further down the sleeves and pattern the back of the tops and we’ll all be on the same page. Hopefully that will be enough to withstand the Zombie revolution, fnar fnar, snigger.

Anyone of the hunch that eh-Stevie-eh Gerrard possibly might not head north whilst Queenie having pocketed season ticket cash is unavailable for comment back home?

Sitting impatiently awaiting Jimbo Traynor’s spin on Moreles loan deal being as lucrative as the ‘12m’ Chinese offer. Ronny Rosenthal replacement to attempt to better previous prodigious talent Seb’s goal flurry.

Nice to see that in acknowledging the major acquisition of McGregor - Tina Turner’s ‘Simply’ is being replaced with Craaaaaaaaaaaaig David’s ‘Walking Away’. There’s a distinct eh-Stevie-eh G flavour to Walking Dead new cast. Eh - I’ve always like Scott Armfield - he’s really, ehhhhm, grrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Lets have a bit of reality here.

The have signed two players of higher quality(Arfield and Murphy) than we will sign and the season just ended yesterday. Im sure they will pull in a few more. They will be a much better team than this season unfortunatley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

The have signed two players of higher quality(Arfield and Murphy) than we will sign and the season just ended yesterday. Im sure they will pull in a few more. They will be a much better team than this season unfortunatley.
    I would tend to agree with that. They have greater resources than us and will spend way above their income in an attempt to stop ten in a row as they're shallow as phuck.

Will the likes of Docherty and potentially Jack rue the decision to go to them?

I genuinely believe that they will be willing to bankrupt themselves to stop the green half of Glasgow getting the mythical 10 in a row. Shallow shallow people.

Anyhow as long as we recruit sensibly and have people willing to fight for the jersey we can still mount a challenge to the old firm, although it will.only get harder and harder for a club of our size.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I would tend to agree with that. They have greater resources than us and will spend way above their income in an attempt to stop ten in a row as they're shallow as phuck.

Will the likes of Docherty and potentially Jack rue the decision to go to them?

I genuinely believe that they will be willing to bankrupt themselves to stop the green half of Glasgow getting the mythical 10 in a row. Shallow shallow people.

Anyhow as long as we recruit sensibly and have people willing to fight for the jersey we can still mount a challenge to the old firm, although it will.only get harder and harder for a club of our size.
    The Old Firm don’t exist.
    Please stop assisting perpetuating the myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavrum View Post
    No he doesn't. Mcinnes likes shinnie's bite and drive in midfield. Will only ever play left back for us in emergency situations.
    I agree with you.
    The midfield has been decimated this summer.
    As you say, he prefers Shinnie in there, so don’t see him voluntarily taking what he perceives as an important part of the midfield out.
    He also likes Andy Considine & sees him as a reliable left back.
    Shinnie will be alongside a new signing in the defensive “2” in midfield.

Mcgeoch Naismith & the two from P'bro plus another striker; also get stewart back
    sign them all & we will be ready to go but I guess well be lucky to get even two of them

Murphy is terrible and Arfield is nowhere near as good as Shinnie. Also Mcgregor is not as good as Lewis. If thats the signings they are making then we have nothing to worry about. A couple good signings by us, Mckenna staying, Devlin being as solid as i remember and May deciding he is a football player again then we are good to go. Europa qualifiers land on my 2 weeks off ina, hope we get a good un

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Well, also reality, Murphy has been with them since January so not a change from their last 6 months.
    Arfield whilst seems a good player, could end up another Doran’s, Barton, Krancjar etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Well, also reality, Murphy has been with them since January so not a change from their last 6 months.
    Arfield whilst seems a good player, could end up another Doran’s, Barton, Krancjar etc etc etc.
    I still fully expect us to at least finish 2nd next season. We will need to show a bit ambition in the transfer market if we are to make it difficult for Celtic though. The signings Rangers are making are nothing beyond what I expect them to bring to that club. Arfield is certainly a decent player but not a star player and will not be a catalyst to propel them up the league.
    Nothing to fear from them yet but at the moment we are currently a bit weaker but with some decent recruiting I fully expect us to be playing better football than last season.

Page 32 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast