+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 277 of 530 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    DM is not daft...so either his plan had fell apart after a few promising leads broke down and clubs are not really in a rush (remember the window has 6 weeks left) or we are simply struggling to attract players to the club that are better than what we have got...hence going back to Ball and crap loans.

I have faith that by the time the window closes in 6 weeks we will have a much better squad...sadly that will be too late for us.

West Brom, Burnley and Sevco coming up.

YIKES
    Aye agree with that not looking forward tot he Burnley & Sevco games think we are onto 3 defeats Unless some signings can be made before hand

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Aye agree with that not looking forward tot he Burnley & Sevco games think we are onto 3 defeats Unless some signings can be made before hand
    Aye, it's hard to be too optimistic right now - what a difference 2 or 3 good signings would make to everyone.

As it stands, and this is pure guesswork about who might/might not come in, but the starting X1 v Burnley is looking like;

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ball Shinnie
    McGinn Forrester GMS
    Cosgrove

Assuming Gleeson is injured.

Then, 3 days later, with Logan suspended, against the scum;

Lewis
    Ball Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ferguson Shinnie
    McGinn Forrester GMS
    Cosgrove

I don't know about everyone else, but not that great is it?

As I say, a huge difference to everyone's mood if we signed 2 or 3 good players

I think we will sign players, but I think it'll be by and large bench fillers and squad fillers.

Looking at the above, we need a RB, a right winger and a striker (ideal world, a LB too, but ain't going to happen)

The Rangers game is still nearly 3 weeks away so I would expect several changes to the team by then.

I'll be taking out shares in Pampers if there's no more signings by that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    The Rangers game is still nearly 3 weeks away so I would expect several changes to the team by then.

I'll be taking out shares in Pampers if there's no more signings by that stage.
    I suppose
    As I say, I don't doubt there will be signings, but wouldn't you think they're more likely to be squad fillers as opposed to starting X1 players?
    With the possible exception of centre forward.

As an aside, how long does it take to obtain the results of a scan?
    Apparently Gleeson had a scan a week ago and we're still awaiting to hear?
    Or could the club be holding back some bad news - and this has prompted the proposed signing of Dom Ball?

if Gleeson is out for 3 months its not something we want in the public domain when we are in negotiations with potential new signings

Dom ball WOW! That'll probably be a draw out saga as well. Its going to be a sh!te start to the season! Dm getting his excuses in early. Lost out on targets hit the bar with a couple etc etc blah blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    DM is not daft...
    Thick as shyte in a flask. Talks a good game though

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    if Gleeson is out for 3 months its not something we want in the public domain when we are in negotiations with potential new signings
    Gleeson will be out for a while and that is probably the reason the club have kept quiet as that is another player down.
    Not my favourite position at Aberdeen as I really don’t think we need 2 sitting midfielders in the vast majority of matches, in fact I wouldn’t play 2 sitting midfielders against any team in Scotland....so I really don’t think his loss is of any real significance.

P.s.....any more signings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Thick as shyte in a flask. Talks a good game though
    I’m taking a flask to the golf on Friday, should keep the decent stuff chilled.....regarding shyte in it, I could not comment.....thankfully.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Youth is not the answer. Like every similar club our youth policy is basically sign 10 guys and hope one or two make the grade, by which I mean become adequate if unspectacular SPL players.

80-90% never will, it's just hard to tell which ones at that age because plenty flatter to deceive.

Every 5 or 10 years you get a Scott McKenna and if you get your contract timing right you might make a chunk of money.

Playing youth would just mean putting future Highland League and lower division players in your team before they've even reached those standards.

Which we won't do, because it would be suicide.
    Yes you don’t win anything with kids !!

Page 277 of 530 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast