+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 517 of 530 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,170 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Loan signings. Love them or hate them.

Personally I have mixed thoughs. We need to compete and these players ( generally ) are decent players we have brought in.
    Financially, we couldn't afford to buy any of them.
    I does hinder the rhythm of the squad, especially if they play well for us and get recalled to their respective clubs or they need to go back to provide injury cover.

I like the players we have on loan but I don't get a great feeling of pride when they run out on the pitch as really they are just to put in bluntly temps ( expensive ones at that ). We didn't pay for them

The number of loans changes the whole dynamics for other clubs as well. Look at Newco, they exploit it now and when they where in the lower leagues. They only won promotion using other clubs players. They will ( perhaps ) actually win something one day but not with there own players
    There at it again ( Liverpool reserves )

I would like to see a maximum of a couple of loan players in each fist team to balance it out.

It also cancels out or reduces the opportunity for younger players to get in the first team.
    All decent points.
    Loans are a fundamental part of the game, always has been, always will be.
    Even top teams throughout the world use loan players.
    The simple fact is that for ourselves, it can provide an opportunity to watch a player, play for Aberdeen that we could not normally afford.
    Alternatively, it could provide access to a player with a view to permanently bringing in on board.
    Yes, loan players could be seen to stifle the opportunity for youth, but I would reiterate that if they are good enough, they’ll demand the opportunity. I would also add that this season, do we not have fewer players on loan, so arguably are impacting the youth less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Loan signings are the reason we ended up so short coming into this season.

So whats done about it. More loan signings

Roll on next summer when we go through this all over again when we have to replace these loan players again
    Loan signings are the future for a shed load of clubs now. Embrace it or forever eat yourself. I already know what you'll do though.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Loan signings are the future for a shed load of clubs now. Embrace it or forever eat yourself. I already know what you'll do though.
    Having to continually rebuild every summer and never have a settled a squad is no way to run a fitba club

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Have a good look at yourself re raving.
    You honestly don’t think that we could push Logan forward if required?
    I’d like to see him getting forward more and promoting him overlapping the winger.
    GMS will probably operate on the right for now.

The left we have played GMS, Wright (he will return from injury), Ross and have the new boy Lowe. He’ll even McLennan came off the bench and filled in on the left against St Mirren

Stop pishing your pants and recognise we do have options.

I see you never mentioned the international quality wingers you wanted us to sign to cover for GMS and McGinn
    It's quite a challenge to ignore your posts. It must take some doing to post sh1te day in day out. Professional apologist for all matters ACC.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    It's quite a challenge to ignore your posts. It must take some doing to post sh1te day in day out. Professional apologist for all matters ACC.
    Aberdeen City Council?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Well he played left wing when I saw him play.

The point really is that the vast majority of professional players will have originally played up front.

They were inevitably the best player at their school and the best player wants to score the most goals.
    Aye, remember Derek Young, 50 goal striker for the reserves, then a winger, then a midfielder, then a right back! Half expected to see him selling programmes outside one day!

He'd have been more use doing that

Looks like that is us done for this window.

Surprised that we have brought in another left sided defender, in an area where we are already reasonably well off with Shinnie, Consi and Hoban.

And yet we are short in the wide areas, if GMS and McGinn get injured. I can see the reasoning in making space for Ross and Wright to flourish, but given they both appear to prefer a more central role, time will tell.

Need to find out what Forrester brings to the table, and quick. Tomorrow, maybe? No passengers, min

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Aye, remember Derek Young, 50 goal striker for the reserves, then a winger, then a midfielder, then a right back! Half expected to see him selling programmes outside one day!
    Not quite selling programmes, but he does coach the under 18s......

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney_Scarfer View Post
    Aberdeen City Council?
    Haha. A cash con!

Page 517 of 530 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527 ... LastLast