+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 530 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post

9 players left this summer only Ferguson & Forrester have signed so far

This means we need Gleeson & 5/6 others- we should try & get them all in before pre-season starts in 2 weeks
    We always release more in the summer than we take in. We won't sign 9.
    I guess they hope young players will come through during the course of the season, and it also budgets for players coming in January to cover injuries

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Yes, McGinn does fill the wide right role.
    GMS the left.
    They’re the first picks.

After that we’ve little cover.

I’m not convinced by Scott Wright - I have a feeling he’ll end up at Partick on loan.

So we need another winger. McGinnalsonlikes playing on the left, solid day right side.

Left back? Ideally yes. Not going to happen though. DM loves big Andy.
    Feck knows what I was trying to say in the 2nd last sentence - I wasn't drunk, honest.
    Predictive text?

I think it was;
    "So we need another winger. McGinn also likes to play on the left, so I'd say right side (is priority for cover)

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You forgot Devlin
    Devlin was signed last season so doesn't count as a new signing.

I sugested Gleeson & 5/6 others but I dont expect us to make as many signings as that; Possible Gleeson & 2 others ,followed by 2 on Loan nearer end of the transfer window

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Devlin was signed last season so doesn't count as a new signing.

I sugested Gleeson & 5/6 others but I dont expect us to make as many signings as that; Possible Gleeson & 2 others ,followed by 2 on Loan nearer end of the transfer window
    I know, I was joking.

In regards to us signing another striker I agree with blow up sheep that we don’t need another one, we have Rooney,May and Cosgrove for one position it would be the same if we had 4 right backs for one position.

If he signs another striker I hope he isn’t thinking of moving Rooney on because he is the only one that is a proven goal scorer out of the 3 we have.Having a 38 year old as our main scoring threat would be the dumbest thing he has ever done.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

If he signs another striker I hope he isn’t thinking of moving Rooney on because he is the only one that is a proven goal scorer out of the 3 we have..
    Wouldnt put it past him. He was inexplicably bit part last year yet still scored 11

Forrester and Gleeson have both been fairly heavily documented in the press before actually signing (assuming Gleeson signs).

Definitely preferred the left-field, not a snifter until it was formally unveiled. Hopefully that will prevail for the rest of the signings we're definitely going to make before the new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Wouldnt put it past him. He was inexplicably bit part last year yet still scored 11
    Cannot see him being moved on, however, if a decent offer came in considering wages/contract you never know.......I’m trying to think who signed him in the 1st place! regardless, as a “bit part” in our last 15 games he took no part going by lack of goals.......some guys know better though, onwards and upwards.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Cannot see him being moved on, however, if a decent offer came in considering wages/contract you never know.......I’m trying to think who signed him in the 1st place! regardless, as a “bit part” in our last 15 games he took no part going by lack of goals.......some guys know better though, onwards and upwards.

SF
    McInnes signed him

But i suppose hes sh@te now if hes nae playing as McInnes is a master tactician.

F@ck Rooney. Get rid and be left with May and Cosgrove. Sounds like bums off seats sh@t
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 13-06-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Like it or not, I think McInnes will move Rooney on this summer, along with Reynolds. Neither till probably our Europa Leage status is sealed one way or another.

If we reckon Miller would come in for Maynard, then to my mind, we are still short of that pacey frontman - albeit Miller is no slouch - but we need someone who can play week in week out. Given that Cosgrove and May were ahead of Rooney at the latter end of the season, I think the Rooney will be the one to give way. Hope not, but thats the way I see it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Like it or not, I think McInnes will move Rooney on this summer, along with Reynolds. Neither till probably our Europa Leage status is sealed one way or another.

If we reckon Miller would come in for Maynard, then to my mind, we are still short of that pacey frontman - albeit Miller is no slouch - but we need someone who can play week in week out. Given that Cosgrove and May were ahead of Rooney at the latter end of the season, I think the Rooney will be the one to give way. Hope not, but thats the way I see it going.
    And the smoke will still be blown

Page 102 of 530 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast