+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 111 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    In fairness to Del only 2 of them are professional football players so I wouldn’t think he would be interested in the third guy. The football pair though will be fair game to him.
    Not being a pro footballer won’t stop a russ Richardson recommendation surely

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Not being a pro footballer won’t stop a russ Richardson recommendation surely
    Russ Richardson is the Arthur Daily of football scouts. Tells you that the player he is recommending is a star but the reality is that he is in need of repair.

I still don’t think its necessarily all down to McInnes and Russ Richardson that we buy most of our players from the lower leagues in England.

When Willie Miller was dof his buddy Craig Robertson was the scout and only went to look at players down in guff land.

Possibly it could be they are told by the board for some reason to look at players from the lower English leagues?

When was the last time we bought a load of players from abroad?

Probably Skovdhal and before him Aitken bought a couple of pish Bulgarians and a 40 year old French defender.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I still don’t think its necessarily all down to McInnes and Russ Richardson that we buy most of our players from the lower leagues in England.

When Willie Miller was dof his buddy Craig Robertson was the scout and only went to look at players down in guff land.

Possibly it could be they are told by the board for some reason to look at players from the lower English leagues?

When was the last time we bought a load of players from abroad?

Probably Skovdhal and before him Aitken bought a couple of pish Bulgarians and a 40 year old French defender.
    I remember being at Morton’s ground for Toni’s first match for Aberdeen. He led out the team as he was made captain straight away.
    This modern day football should have modern day scouting systems and not one that wouldn’t look out of place 25 years ago.
    We need to buck up our ideas of improving the squad if we want to be successful. Who really wants a season without giving yourself a chance of winning trophies? We are standing still as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    A good player indeed, however, you must have watched some sh1te to call him a “legend”, that aside, hopefully we kick on this season and bear in mind you can only p1sh with the c0ck you’ve got, our current chairman and other board members will be planted the richest men in their respective cemeteries ......we therefore just have to be realistic regardless who the f@ck our coach(es) are, those are the salient facts.......some can jump up and down, however, outwith sellick “most” fans would be content to be where we are......I’m nae, however, I’m realistic and comprehend why our......”on topic” summer recruitment is based on a model that dictates who we can attract.

SF
    Well, well. Must be a bit late for you Jack ,

Sure I've seen some ****e. But not s much as the young lads have.

19710onwrds for me. So JimHermisron, Hennig Boel , Martin Buchan , Joey Harper . Davey Robb, Arthur Graham , etc and the ,like.
    . Then took to going to the away games with Stoney/kincorth 'not allowed' in offushu' supporters buses . Right up until we won the league in 1980. Good few stories in there. We were frontline long before the Casuals popping d up.,...…...

So , League title and Scottish Cup. That will do it. Anyone want less ? Awa an play yer Golf

Oh aye. Rooney is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Players who will give us a chance of winning trophies would be a great start. These players from Peterborough etc who have done the square root of hee-haw will only be further revolving football nobodies.
    We are meant to be the second best team in Scotland’s top league so let’s try improve on what we are instead of hoping for a Russ Richardson miracle.
    At the moment we are showing very little ambition of trying to improve on what can only be described as a footballing eye bleeding season.
    Who honestly thinks McInnes, Richardson, Milne etc have the ability to better us? Absolutely no chance is my answer.
    And where are the funds coming from to buy these players who will win trophies for us? Sevco have spent 5M in the last 3 days on two defenders?? Im afraid we cant compete with that and we have to shop in the market we are in hoping to unearth some 'gems' As much as that frustrates the **** out me until someone comes in with serious backing and by that i mean 5-10M then we shop where we can afford to and its a fact of life

Looks like Hibs have got some funding for Kamberi.....good bit of business!

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    Looks like Hibs have got some funding for Kamberi.....good bit of business!
    Good signing for them,we thought Stevie May was a good bit of business last season for us and prob cost more than Kamberi has? At least he's proven himself last 6 months of the season,as i said we need to find some 'gems' that wont cost the earth

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Oh aye. Rooney is a legend.
    we are often reminded on here that we shouldn't expect to win trophies and that being runner up is as good as it gets, so for someone with his strike rate and the winning penalty to win a cup...that makes him a legend.

Page 111 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast