+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 225 of 530 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I watched the Youth Cup final, when we played Hibs, and Harrington played.
    Now I'll admit I've only seen him play once, but he was bang average in that game.
    Maybe there's a reason he's barely, if ever, been on the subs bench?
    Fair enough view.
    Conversely, he traveled and trained with the first team in Ireland.
    Also came on as a replacement for Logan in a couple of the friendlies so far.

Maybe he shows up better playing with better players around him

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Im delighted you’re on board but what a turnaround from your position last season
    There's no turnaround Mason.
    I've always advocated that the youth will get their chance if they are good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooth_Stand View Post
    Steven Caulker has been sent home from Dundee's training camp....worth a look as cover? Surely he cant be on a big wage there?
    Any info on why he was sent home?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I'm not so sure about the first three games setting the tone.
    The first two against Burnley, they have a much higher value squad, are more settled and I'm sure most people realistically doubt we will progress.
    You never know in cup competitions though.

Then the season opener with SevCo.
    Sure its a very important game and a difficult challenge with the Stevie G messiah effect and their much higher value signings.
    I expect it to be a tough game and realistically could go either way.
    So at worst case, if we get beat, the season would kick start with two away games to Dundee and Hibs.

If we fail to win our first 5 or 6 league games, then that would be setting a tone.

No doubt though, some will be sharpening the stick, dipping it in sh!t and have sweaty hands in anticipation of losing to Burnley and SevCo
    If you lose 3 games in a row, regardless of who it's against, it will dent the team's confidence and therefore affect the following games, which may have a longer term impact.

Having said all that, if we can get in a couple of good quality players and a couple of decent backups, we'll be looking not bad. I just expected things to be in place by now (as most others were hoping too).

We can point the finger at McInnes all we like, but if he's drawn up a list of 10 players he wants and is working his way through them and none of them want to sign, or their clubs don't want to sell... it's not really his fault.

I'd be more inclined to think Harrington will be our back up right back. Why not utilise the youth?

It's true were lacking in a right sided centre half as back up.
    No doubt that's why Nowak's being looked at. Probably too early to call upon Lloyd Robertson.
    Tough call as we don't want to spend too much on back ups and preferably we'll see Devlin play in all our games.
    Harrington will not be starting any games in the near future

There's no turnaround Mason.
    I've always advocated that the youth will get their chance if they are good enough.
    Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Im inclined to believe the huns are stronger than us, much more, Even hibs look stronger, they only lost Mcgeouch and look like retaining Mcginn, surely even the most positive of fans are worried! Our squad is threadbare! If dm does not address this and sharpish ill stick my head out and predict we will finish 4th and F all cups again
    If the squad stays as it is, I don't think you would be "sticking your neck out" by saying we will finish 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Amazing
    Why, are you finally opening your eyes?
    Show me where I said youth should not get a chance.
    When they get their opportunity, they need to take it.

Why, are you finally opening your eyes?
    Show me where I said youth should not get a chance.
    When they get their opportunity, they need to take it.
    It’s exhausting going through this the first time round, never mind wading through old posts. Go look for it yourself. Its round about the time you’re chowing down on McInnes for signing Woodman

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    If the squad stays as it is, I don't think you would be "sticking your neck out" by saying we will finish 4th.
    Well i suppose im not really sticking my neck out, its getting beyond a joke and i have no faith in our ambitions on the transfer front,

I think our lazy approach is typified with the trial of nowak a boy who hearts didn't rate and the greek team sussed him out after 1 or 2 sub appearances! Add to fact hes only played about 70 minutes game time since Nov jesus

Page 225 of 530 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast