+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 242 of 530 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If he lets Rooney go and replaces him with a proven goal scorer in our league like Moult then I could sort of understand it,I wouldn’t be moving Rooney on until his replacement comes in though.

If we sign some guy from league 1 or 2 in England to replace him it’s utter lunacy.
    I’m fairly sure we will.
    A John Marquis type.
    That lad Christian Doidge at Forest Green?
    Unless we sign a loan striker from the Championship such as Moult.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Was Moult proven up here before he joined Motherwell?
    How’s dereks record of signing strikers who have only played in England then atrocious I would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    May & Cosgrove won’t get 20 BETWEEN them.
    Cosgrove has scored ONE professional goal.
    I stand corrected, one goal in senior football is hardly inspiring stuff, just checked Stevie Mays record and he has a goal about every 3 games.
    That would be a decent return if we were playing two up front and the other striker was more prolific with maybe a goal every two games.
    The question that should be asked is why the hell did we sign Cosgrove, Considine has scored more than him so we might as well put him up front.
    Even Marc De Clerck scored a goal for Aberdeen, thats one for the youngsters on here to scratch their heads and go "fa the **** is he"
    Last edited by seeyazander; 14-07-2018 at 02:18 PM.

I see everyone’s favourite defender (Andrew Considine) is saying in the press that the league needs a strong Rangers....I suggest Aberdeen need a stronger left back a lot before the league needs a stronger Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I see everyone’s favourite defender (Andrew Considine) is saying in the press that the league needs a strong Rangers....I suggest Aberdeen need a stronger left back a lot before the league needs a stronger Rangers.
    Now that considine has said it, his fan club will agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Rooney was a proven scorer up here though that’s the difference
    Exactly my point,Rooney was playing for Oldham in league 1 but was a proven goal scorer up here with Inverness.

Also this whole thing about moving Rooney on to free up wages for a replacement,I would have thought we have already freed up a fair amount of wages this summer with the 10 or so that left at the end of the season.

Remember the good old days before Rooney, where Calderwood would set all his strikers a target of 20 goals between them? Or Darren Mackie starting every season saying he’d step up and score a few?

They were great times.

Aye but he seems like a nice guy who scored a hatrick against Dundee a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Remember the good old days before Rooney, where Calderwood would set all his strikers a target of 20 goals between them? Or Darren Mackie starting every season saying he’d step up and score a few?

They were great times.
    I saw Darren Mackie in Tesco last week,he has put a fair amount of weight on.

If he has said that he can f**k clean off.
    He’s no Dons fan if he thinks that.
    How incredibly out of touch could he be?
    For whatever reason he’s asked the question, a simple “I couldn’t care about them” would say enough.

Page 242 of 530 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast